Eris bluetooth problemGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bcnu53

bcnu53 Active Member This Topic's Starter

The wife just got a new car that has blue-tooth build in. Her Eris will connect and almost always with in 5 minutes it will disconnect.
    I can have my Motorola Droid connect to the car and so far it has never disconnected.
    we called Verizon and the tech guy said we need to have the car blue-tooth worked on that the phone is just fine. he did not have us check any settings on the phone he just said it is the car's fault that the phone is fine
    my question is if the Eris is just fine then why will it not stay connected like my Droid does?
    is this one for the commercial "Droid Does"

any one have an idea why it will connect but will not stay connected?

Advertisement
  2. rsempsey

rsempsey Member

I'm having the same issue. Are you on 1.5 or did you do the 2.1 update?

3. bcnu53

It shows
    software version 1.17.605.1
    hardware version 0002
    build number 1.17.605.1 CL104882
    Kernel Version 2.6.27
    Firmware version 1.5

and says my system is up to date

4. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

Will the phone reconnect if a call comes in?

5. karib

karib Well-Known Member

My eris stays connected to my Jeep with uconnect just fine. I just used it once, talked for about 15-20, but it worked without disconnecting. I am still using 1.5 OS.

6. bcnu53

No
    she has even had it disconnect blue-tooth while she is on a call

sure seems strange to me that Verizon says the problem is the car and not the phone, but there is no problem with my Droid and the car

7. bcnu53

Well I guess we will find out soon if it is the phone or the car. I went to Verizon today and they ordered us a new phone replacement. so early next week we will see if the new phone will stay connected or not??????

8. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

Keep us posted! I watched my BT connection to my ear piece today, it would connect and stay connected as long as I was in range.

9. MrBojenglz

MrBojenglz Well-Known Member

Its the phone. I made a thread about this awhile ago but got no responses. The phone worked perfectly until the last OTA update. And my car works fine with other phones so I know it's the eris. I'm waiting for 2.1 before I bother bringing it in.

10. rsempsey

rsempsey Member

I know it's been a while, but has anyone had any luck with keeping the Eris paired with their car stereo? I have no problem with BT headphones, but I still get this issue in my car...

11. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

I have my Eris running stock 1.5 paired with my 2010 Mazda 6GT. I have no real issues other than twice it didn't pair to the phone automatically like it should when I start the car. Both times I just toggled bluetooth off/on and it synced fine.

The car is only 3 weeks old so I haven't used it a ton. But, each time I receive or place a call, it seems to work perfectly.

Only downfall is no phonebook support. Apparently, PBAP(Phone Book Access Profile) will be supported in 2.1 though.

12. rsempsey

rsempsey Member

I have to assume this is a problem with the 2.1 leak. I haven't noticed anyone that is using the stock 1.5 having the BT connection issues. Maybe if we ever get the OTA 2.1 we can test it...

13. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Wrong thread

14. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

nice. what widgets are those for sd/internal memory space? and what is the one showing alarm, music, alerts...etc?

15. ttrfanatic

ttrfanatic New Member

This is definitely a 2.1 (official release) issue. My Eris paired to my car with no problems whatsoever when I was running the 1.5 version. I just updated yesterday to 2.1 and now it drops the connection every 20 seconds or so. It is in an endless loop of connecting and disconnecting.

16. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

Mine works better with 2.1 as far as connecting and controlling it. However I cannot play media over BT anymore, the audio 'skips' or 'clips' and is annoying as hell.

17. sukiboots

sukiboots Member

Same problem here. Eris worked great on 1.5, but since update will not connect to my car at all.

Any ideas?

18. Mark16q

Mark16q Well-Known Member

on 1.5 I'd disconnect every few minutes. The only way to avoid was to plug into charger.

But with 2.1 no disconnect at all, so at least in my case, 2.1 ota fixed the thing so I don't have to use the lighter charger all the time.

btw, this is with audi a4 2009 cabriolet bose system.

mg

19. breth

breth New Member

Ever since the 2.1 OTA update my HTC Eris will not pair with my Pioneer Avic D3 head unit. Is there a bug in the 2.1 software effecting bluetooth? I really need to get this fixed. I'll even downgrade back to 1.5 if that's what it takes. I have to get this working again...

20. Mark16q

Mark16q Well-Known Member

you've probably already tried this, but I did have to do the search/rediscover connection with my eris after the 2.1 ota. Punched in 1234 after the phone saw my car. Car wouldn't see it until I did that, and it's been perfect since.

21. jsuh

jsuh Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue with my Jawbone PRIME; it wouldn't even detect it. When I had 1.5, it was connecting fine, but after I upgraded to 2.1, it stopped even detecting it.

I looked through the user guide and I did a full reset to my Jawbone and it put it back into discovery mode and it finally found it. I'm unfamiliar with ur devices but maybe it needs a full reset. Just a suggestion since it worked for me.

22. avoryp

avoryp New Member

I had the 1.5 working fine. Updated last night to 2.1 and now it constantly goes in and out every 15 seconds. Nightmare. Wish I had not updated.

23. twoof1

twoof1 New Member

Had the same problem with constant disconnects with my in-car system (2010 Audi A4) when I was running 1.5. Upgraded to the 2.1V1 leak in hopes of correcting the problem or I was going to ditch the phone and still had disconnect problems. Upgraded to the V3 leak and the Bluetooth connection has been rock solid every time since the upgrade. Loving the 2.1V3 leak and quite frankly don't care if I ever get the OTA version since I've have absolutely no problems with this one.
    Bottom line, it's not the car, it's definitely the phone and it's a well documented issue.
    More information can be found here: code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3960