eris can't keep Wifi connection with fiosGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cheffern

cheffern Member This Topic's Starter

i have a verizon fios wireless router, model MI424WR, and i am having trouble maintaining a wireless connection with my eris. i have no problem with the initial connection, but after a few minutes the connection no longer works. my eris still shows that it is connected to my wireless network, but if i attempt to open a webpage, use twitter, etc it says that there is no connection. i changed my eris settings to never let the wireless sleep, but it has not seemed to work. any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Don't exactly know if this will help since I don't know anything about FIOS, but I relocated my wireless router at home last weekend and my Eris would not stay connected with it just like you described (all other wireless devices didn't have a problem (laptop, iPod touch, etc.)). After much head-scratching (i.e., messing around with router settings), I tried changing the wireless channel number from its default of 6 to 5 (or the other way around, I don't remember). Anyway, there must have been some interference at the original channel that changing channel numbers must have rectified. Works great now. Good luck.

3. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member