Eris Car Mount for Google NaviGeneral

Last Updated:

1. JUNGI

JUNGI Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

with the new 2.1 leak and the use of google navi, can anyone suggest a good mount for my car?
    brands/diff types? i want a simple/clean looking version

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

3. tats996

tats996 New Member

Seems like a pretty good thread to me. I don't understand why folks like to lump everything into one thread.

With Google Nav, an Eris-specific vehicle mount would be nice. Anyone found one? I know there is a nice one available for the Motorola Droid through Verizon, but I haven't seen a high-quality, secure mount for the Eris. Thanks in advance.

Heliotropic and LiverpoolsNo9 like this.
  4. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

I think it makes sense to have a specific thread for this and similar, especially since everyone is always screaming to use the search function. Its much easier to find this way. I remember seeing a good mount in another thread but I can't be arsed to dig for it. If anyone can offer some suggestions I would be interested in seeing some mounts since I have a big move coming up.

5. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned getting the Body Glove case for the Eris, and it matching up perfectly to the Moto Droid case/car mount combo.

6. rentjr

rentjr Well-Known Member

7. karib

karib Well-Known Member

IMG_3191.JPG

IMG_3192.JPG

I have this one and LOVE it! It is similar to pro-clip (I think) in that it has a in dash mounted bracket specific to your vehicle (no drilling needed). Then the universal holder just gets screwed onto it. I also got a swivel mount for it, ask them about this when ordering. I paid about $36, but I got the swivel mount for free, so I'm not sure how much it is. Edited to add pictures.

InDash Custom Mount with Gripper Holder - GR2531/1642/InDash by:

alprazolam likes this.
  8. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

This one doesn't appear to be able to hold the phone in landscape orientation. That'd be a problem for me as I much prefer to use the Nav in landscape.

9. karib

karib Well-Known Member

Oh, but it does... with the swivel mount I mentioned! I guess I will have to add one more picture :rolleyes: Which I just edited in btw.

10. karib

karib Well-Known Member

IMG_3193.JPG

Ok, here is a pic of it in landscape (swivel mount needed to do this). The swivel is a ball joint so it turns in all directions, BUT the bracket is angled towards the driver and that cannot be changed.

11. JUNGI

yay after being blown off by post #2, i decided to stop thinking about a car mount, but thanks to all you posters! hope people will post with more ideas and finds!, thanks!

12. Podivin

Ah, very cool, thanks for the pictures. Angled to the driver is correct as far as I'm concerned. If the passenger wants to see it they can either lean over or take it out of the holder.

13. jetmdt

jetmdt Well-Known Member

I just purchased the proclip for my 2007 Saab 9-3. It was a little steep $109, it is hardwired and is made for the Eris. I wanted something designed for the car. Will post pictures after I get it installed

Jeff

14. Podivin

Eek, that's more than I paid for my phone... :)

15. karib

karib Well-Known Member

The problem with that is that you won't always have that car. My bracket was made for my JEEP also, by Panavise and it only cost about $15 or so for the bracket part of the system, the rest is universal so it can be used for future phones as well. I would just need to replace the bracket when I get a new Jeep... maybe.

16. jetmdt

jetmdt Well-Known Member

LOL I swap phones every 2 years, give or take. I will have the car a lot longer then this phone. Proclip is also designed to be able to adapt to other devices. I will be using my ERIS as a MP3 player. I really like an integrated look that this kit offers.

17. Mongerty

Mongerty Member

There are some decent suction mounts on eBay as well. Seem like they would work just as good if you were willing to go that route.

18. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

Ya me neither it is a pain to look through 50 posts or 30 pages of an old post looking for answers. I am looking for a decent one also. I have one that hooks into your vents, but want one that can see out my window

19. RubberDucker

RubberDucker Well-Known Member

20. jetmdt

jetmdt Well-Known Member

Installed My ProClip mount in my Saab 9-3. Finished up after dark. Like I said before this is a little over a $110 but, includes a built in charger and is hardwired. I'll take some more pics tomorrow in the daylight.

Jeff

Attached Files:

21. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Well-Known Member

I bought this new and love it good price very well built. I know it has the ijunk in it lol but is for the Eris [​IMG]

22. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Well-Known Member

23. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

I bought mine for $5.99 with free shipping and I love it,
    but I wish the vent clip could some how rotate, but for $6 you really can complain :D

24. Philosophre

Philosophre Well-Known Member

I kinda want to make a holder to place right behind my steering wheel. The area before the speedometer. There is a gap that holds my steering wheel. I feel I don't need to see my mileage when it is below 20. Is there one that can be planted onto that area that also can rotate?

25. JUNGI

man lol this is so big. i want a something discreet! haha