Eris card compatibilityGeneral

Last Updated:

1. BabyBacon

BabyBacon Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I have been searching for information about this topic for a little while, and I cannot seem to find an answer.

To start, my eris is coming in the mail on wednesday, and I am trying to get everything ready for its arrival.

I know the Eris takes a microSD card (seeing as it ships with it), however I hear people talking about using a c6 standard SD card in their eris.

So, my question is, does the eris take both micro sd cards (ie 2 slots) or does it take an SD card and the micro SD uses an adapter to fit?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Psilo

Psilo Well-Known Member

Hmm there must be some confusion over what you've heard, from what I know and what I can see in my eris there is only one slot and it's for micro sd. Perhaps they meant to say a c6 micro sd card?

3. BabyBacon

4. Psilo

Psilo Well-Known Member

Well I'm almost positive they meant c6 micro sd since that's the only thing the eris supports. So just browse the net/local tech stores for those and you should be on your way!

BabyBacon likes this.
  5. BabyBacon

Alright, Thanks.

If anyone else wants to chime in I will be searching the internets.

6. karib

karib Well-Known Member

Definitely only 1 slot and it is for a microsd. Your eris will come with a 8gb microsd class 2. You can upgrade to a 16gb class 4 or class 6. The people in that thread were mistaken about using/buying sd cards. And just for the record, there are threads on this forum that state that a class 4 sandisk will be just as fast, if not faster that some of the cheaper class 6 cards out there. I just ordered a Transcend 16gb microsdhc class 6 for my eris though. I have movies on my phone which take up lots of space, so I want the extra room. I purchased mine from "my digital discount" and it was $79.99 shipped. They can be found for cheaper, but I worry about the quality of the really cheap ones.

And btw, welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your new phone when it arrives!!