• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris Deal found online.. can I get it in the store?

Haywire

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2009
I was browsing the forum, which I'm liking it more and more btw.. I saw something about getting the eris for free online.. I'm wondering if I can get this deal @ the Verizon store? I'm seriously itchin to get my hands on it! Just hoping this guy who said he will buy my iphone doesn't bail on me.. I've had it happen so many times already.. but thats another story..

Read on another forum that you can get the Verizon store to match the Dell.com price. Will be testing the validity of it in a couple days once I find out if/when Verizon will or will not be releasing a new high-end android phone soon...really crossing my fingers for a soon-to-be released HTC Incredible, but am somewhat doubtful on the soon part. :)

Link to Dell Mobility for Verizon: Dell Mobility Store
HTC Eris for free and Moto Droid for $119 (with 2 year renewal/new contract agreement)

Reference: HTC Eris is Free! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Upvote 0
Read on another forum that you can get the Verizon store to match the Dell.com price. Will be testing the validity of it in a couple days once I find out if/when Verizon will or will not be releasing a new high-end android phone soon...really crossing my fingers for a soon-to-be released HTC Incredible, but am somewhat doubtful on the soon part. :)

Link to Dell Mobility for Verizon: Dell Mobility Store
HTC Eris for free and Moto Droid for $119 (with 2 year renewal/new contract agreement)

Reference: HTC Eris is Free! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I asked about the price match when I went in the Verizon store yesterday. That is not possible. The guy at the store said that if you buy through a 3rd party vendor, Verizon is not responsible for any warranty on the phone. If there's a problem you would need to go through the 3rd party vendor or the manufacturer. I don't think you can even get insurance for a phone purchased from a 3rd party, but I'm not sure about that.

Upvote 0
I asked about the price match when I went in the Verizon store yesterday. That is not possible. The guy at the store said that if you buy through a 3rd party vendor, Verizon is not responsible for any warranty on the phone. If there's a problem you would need to go through the 3rd party vendor or the manufacturer. I don't think you can even get insurance for a phone purchased from a 3rd party, but I'm not sure about that.

vzw will still warranty the phone, but wont exchange out under the WFG 30day period if the phone came from an indirect

Upvote 0
if your not a verizon customer....you can get the eris alone for 9.00 bucks at amazon with a two year plan ....almost free which is what I got from verizon with new every 2. pretty sweet deal....kind of pissed me off ...but hey might as well let someone know..then you can sell your iphone for whatever whenever

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones