• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris decision

Well it was quick and painless. Performed a factory reset on droid, returned it to Best Buy with no hassles. I think from now on i will purchase my upgrades from them instead of the Verizon store. Instant rebates and they really don't give a crap swapping out phones more than once.

So far i'm happy with the switch just on the bulk alone. I'll use the phone fore a couple of days before i post again. Thanks for all the info:D:D

Upvote 0
i love my eris and am so happy i didnt get the droid. first off I have always liked htc phones and motorola not so much. also, the eris is very fast and just as fast as an iphone. I love the small size. i love the fact you can use widgets in addition to simply placing icons anywhere you want. battery life is just as good as any other smartphone if you adjust the brightness and turn off wifi/gps when not in use. i dont care if the droid has a faster processor and a keyboard. 2.o will come out for the eris eventually and what are you really missing? super happy with my new phone and I have owned just about every phone on the market.

Upvote 0
Having problem right now with google voice not using my personal greeting.Have to wait for the latest patch. So i was wondering if i deactivate google voice for now will I be able to reactivate later and will verizon reactivate on there end automatically when google voice is disabled?

Upvote 0
Having problem right now with google voice not using my personal greeting.Have to wait for the latest patch. So i was wondering if i deactivate google voice for now will I be able to reactivate later and will verizon reactivate on there end automatically when google voice is disabled?

I've deactivated and reactivated on more than one occassion. Shouldn't be a problem unless your Google Voice number is also your cell phone number. Verizon shouldn't have to do anything on this, in fact I'm not sure they know when you are using Google Voice.

Upvote 0
My google voice# is my cell phone#.What happens then?

Wow, that's a problem. I expect you'll have to ask Verizon for a temporary number to apply to your account. I'm not sure if they'll charge you for that or not, or how much it costs to get a new number. Just a word of advice though - Google Voice is still in Beta, so I'm not sure I'd rely on it as your primary number because you could... run into the problem your in. Plus, one of the benefits of having Google Voice is the separation of numbers and option to forward the GV number to multiple numbers (including or not your cell phone). If GV is not your primary number then you can take advantage of listing your GV number as one of your favorite numbers that doesn't come out of your monthly minute allotment. Thus all your calls routed in or out of your GV number are essentially free.

One other note, last time I logged into Google Voice, I saw an option to get a new Google Voice number. They are charging $10 for that. I wonder if you could port your GV number over to Verizon and get a new number from Google. Might be worth checking out if Verizon charges you more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones