• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris Details? Memory Included?

myanonbox

Lurker
Sep 22, 2009
Does anyone know what size memory card the Eris comes with, if any?

Also, can Best Buy process corporate discounts for phones and service in store? I was told no but that just seems wrong.

I played with both in the store briefly. The Eris feels nice, maybe not as nice as the HTC Hero but still nice. I like the specs on the Droid but really don't like the way it looks, feels, and I have a few other gripes. If it was just me the gripes wouldn't be enough to keep me from getting it but my wife wants the same phone I get and I think HTC might save me some headaches in general, and might help to persuade her to trade in if the Dragon does come out within 30 days - there's no way she'd be willing to learn a new phone system (Sense v. stock android would be a new system, don't argue - it won't help :) ).

It comes with an 8GB memory card.

As for corporate discounts in Best Buy, I don't believe so. They use an entirely different billing system that the corp stores and I'm not sure they even have access to be able to see those things. I believe those have to be done within a corporate store/telesales/etc.

I am glad that Verizon is coming out with two different Android options as I've seen few people who have actually touched/played with the phones hate them both, but most people seem to strongly prefer one or the other. Very smooth move releasing both at the same time. Also I can tell you VZW will have 4 Android devices by Q1 of 2010, and there is also word of an Android netbook coming to VZW in Q1 of 2010.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones