• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris Died?? :(

Sketchee

Dec 5, 2009
Maryland
www.sketchee.com
It was a high use day today since after a flat tire last night, I spent my morning in the shop getting the tire fixed.

Well, I got home with my battery at less than 15% just about an hour ago. I plugged it in and walked away. When I came back the phone was off. The charging light was on though. Every time I tried to turn it on, it would vibrate and turn on for a moment and then turn off.

Now the amber light is gone and it won't charge or turn on. Sigh....

It was a high use day today since after a flat tire last night, I spent my morning in the shop getting the tire fixed.

Well, I got home with my battery at less than 15% just about an hour ago. I plugged it in and walked away. When I came back the phone was off. The charging light was on though. Every time I tried to turn it on, it would vibrate and turn on for a moment and then turn off.

Now the amber light is gone and it won't charge or turn on. Sigh....

I love google nav. I say that to say this. When I'm running around I use the car charger I purchased off ebay for 4 bucks. My phone gets really really hot using that charger. I don't think this charger trickles at all. I think it pumps the max amount of wattage into my phone. I stopped using it because I fear it will fry my battery or phone eventually.

Where did you get your car charger?

Upvote 0
At first they tried a new battery, but it turned out that the phone wouldn't charge it. They said the charging port had gone bad. When I asked, they said it doesn't happen often. They replaced the whole phone.

Funny, I went to deal with the sales people at this same Verizon store and they were jerks. But the service staff seemed to know what they were doing and were pretty friendly.

Upvote 0
At first they tried a new battery, but it turned out that the phone wouldn't charge it. They said the charging port had gone bad. When I asked, they said it doesn't happen often. They replaced the whole phone.

Funny, I went to deal with the sales people at this same Verizon store and they were jerks. But the service staff seemed to know what they were doing and were pretty friendly.

Excellent, glad it work out for you.
My experience with Verizon techs has always been positive also. The sales people, well, they're sales people... :)

Upvote 0
Excellent, glad it work out for you.
My experience with Verizon techs has always been positive also. The sales people, well, they're sales people... :)

The positive experience seems to be spotty with techs and sales folks from any provider. I came to Verizon from Sprint, where they seem to be kind of middle-of-the-road.. can't complain but still it seems they could do better.

The Verizon store I go to is great, fast service and friendly folks, some even with a bit of knowledge about the devices, etc. Some not, so I'm learning which ones to go to in the store for questions, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones