• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris discontinued?

This is one of the most misfounded rumors ... like... ever. As I commented on that blog page, I raise the following argument:
If the Droid Eris is a $99 way to jump into Android, why would Verizon drop this low-end low-cost model for the new high-end high-cost HTC Incredible?

I rest my frickin' case.
Time for the Defense.
The Eris and Droid have been in a pricing/BOGO freefall for the last few months. Eris is $80 for two right now. Makes sense if they are trying to make way for new models. I suspect that, if true, the Droid will become the entry level (w/BOGO's) and the Incredible the higher end model. Nexus will probably jump in too, but as a Google model. Get used to these things turning over quickly - this is goodness.

Upvote 0
Time for the Defense.
The Eris and Droid have been in a pricing/BOGO freefall for the last few months. Eris is $80 for two right now. Makes sense if they are trying to make way for new models. I suspect that, if true, the Droid will become the entry level (w/BOGO's) and the Incredible the higher end model. Nexus will probably jump in too, but as a Google model. Get used to these things turning over quickly - this is goodness.

All phones are in BOGO at Verizon right now. Storm2, Tour, Curve, etc aren't going anywhere right now though.

Upvote 0
April 1st huh???? Sounds like they got you!!! APRIL FOOLS!!!!! Trade it in for 2 tin cans and some string. Some assembly required. :)

That is exactly what I was thinking! If it is at all true, would the entry to the android experience on Verizon be the Devour? I like that phone, but that really makes it an April Fools Day joke, then!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones