Eris & Exchange mail issueGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bweave

bweave Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an interesting situation - when using my Exchange mail, by holding my finger on the email, the pop up menu gives the option to 'move to'. Love that option - however, not all of my folders from Exchange are appearing.

I have folders nested within the same sub folder - some appear and some do not.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this? Ideally I would love to control which folders appear on the Eris 'move to' function to eliminate a lot of the folders that I do not want to see....

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
  2. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing, It's only the folders in your in-box. If you move your mail somewhere else, like archive folders they don't show up.

3. bweave

For my exchange mailbox, it shows some but not all of the folders. By that I mean that one folder will appear but the next folder in order will not...

4. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member

HUH?? Sorry, that's strange. I know this doesn't help but I haven't had any issues with exchange. If this is a work e-mail does your IT department know that you have this on your phone? Maybe it's a setting on their side.

5. trevgriff

trevgriff Member

Have you triesd a manual refresh when you are viewing those folders? I've noticed that my folders need a manual refresh to update.

6. bweave

I went to the step of removing my exchange account from my phone and then reinstalling it. That didn't work.

Then I removed my email profile on my computer and removed the exchange account from my phone, without success.

Here is an example of how my folders might be laid out;

Inbox
    - apple
    - banana
    - cherry
    - capable
    - michigan

In this example, the box capable is missing from the Eris but the others are there. This happens with two important mailboxes out of 10.

Really annoying...

7. bweave

If anyone else experiences this problem, I found a workaround by creating folders for the same data as the folders being skipped, using a different name. The Eris finds the new folders find but still not the old....

Doesn't make sense but it works - thanks to all who looked and helped...