Eris for Business UseGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bassplyr

bassplyr Active Member This Topic's Starter

I currently have a BB Pearl and I am considering the Eris as a replacement. However, I am concerned about the business functionality. The BB seem to have email, calendars, contacts and Outlook integration down. I need great email, contact and calendar functions while all the other features are a distant second. Maybe another way to say it is, I don't want to sacrifice functionality of these critical functions for an enhanced browser and other secondary bells and whistles. However, if the Eris is on par or even enhances the critical functions for me, then I'm in.

Thanks,
    Roger

I

Advertisement
  2. pixelpedro

pixelpedro Member

Hey Roger, i completely understand your concern, i was in the same boat about 2 weeks ago when my BB curve died on me, fortunately, i had already poured all my data (my company & personal contacts, calendar, etc...) onto my google apps, and i gotta tell you I've never been happier that i made that move, cause when i got the Eris, Which is BTW a kick ass phone (except for battery consumption ... it really suck) it was a seamless transition. And so far never had such a smooth phone transition, although i think i have google to thank. But the phone is as secure as they come, i guess not as military encryption secure as a BB (I was told that you cannot hack a BB, it was designed for military purposes, not believe me).

Anyways, i enjoy the interface, I'm having some issues with reception, but only shows like i have no bars, or really week reception, but call quality seems unaffected, so not really sure what's up, and I've been to slammed in my business to call or stop by a verizon store.

Anyways hope this helps. Get it! join the Android Revolution man! (is a dudish hippie tone)

3. bbrad

bbrad Well-Known Member

I came from a Pearl. I use my phone for my work email. Activesync allows you to connect to Exchange and sync email, calendar and contacts. All works well. You can view email attachments much easier. The only things that I miss on my Pearl is having access to our work Global Address List in email, my Outlook Notes and the camera flash. Other than those items I think the phone is a geat upgrade.

4. jwhite4304

jwhite4304 Active Member

I came from a Blackberry Pearl and can say I have not looked back - the Eris is so far ahead of Blackberry

5. huntsvegas

huntsvegas Active Member

I'm a LONG time BB user and just converted to the Eris; so far, I'm happy w/the move. Now, I'm not currently syncing with exchange (use google for everything) but from the feedback, it seems to integrate just fine.

The virtual keyboard will be a bit tricky at first. TIP: this is critical, and will save you a lot of grief...Make sure you toggle the Predictive text: "ON"; Check Spelling before suggesting word: "ON". I can literally typo almost every word and it auto-magically corrects it as I'm typing. If it didn't have this feature I would have taken it back the same day; my fingers are too big for typing on the hyper-sensitive virtual keyboard.

6. bcwood111

bcwood111 Active Member

hey bbrad i'm new to these phones, how do i view pdf attachments in e-mails after i receive them?

7. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

I came from a BB and no push email for non-exchange servers was bugging the heck out of me.

I JUST figured out how to get push email from imap with the k9 mail app, i can breath a sigh of relief :)

8. jwhite4304

jwhite4304 Active Member

Sorry for stepping in but there should be a preview button on received emails with attachment - tap it and presto!

Jimbo

9. bcwood111

bcwood111 Active Member

hey thanks for the reply. i figured it out a few minutes ago while i have you ear though, is there any way to seperate pics into different albums so i dont have to scroll through a thousand pics to find the one im looking for? i have lots of other questions but one thing at a time. thanks for any help.