Eris got wet.. possible battery problemGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was out of a town this week for vacation. While I was out, I accidentally got my Eris wet. I dried it out. I took it to a local Verizon store and told them what happened. I didn't have insurance on it. So, they told me to put it in dry rice for 24-48 hours to help get any trapped moisture out. I did so. Then I charged it overnight. The next day, it was working fine but the battery was draining really fast. I tried a full charge again but the phone would not come on even though the charge light was green.
    I just got back today from my trip. I took it to my local Verizon and told them my situation. I wanted to see if I could try out another battery. They thought it would be better for me to get a pre-owned Eris. They also had a pre-owned Droid and Devour. I can't afford another phone. They said that another battery would cost $40. I'm going to try out another battery.

Has anybody had a similar situation?

Advertisement
  2. ithejdi

ithejdi Well-Known Member

Had that happen on an old Razor phone of mine. Dropped it in the lake. Dried it out and it worked perfect but the battery would only stay charged for an hour. New battery and it was fixed.

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

4. bsutton1

It looks like my Eris is dead :(. I went back to the Verizon store today. I talked to a different rep who tested my phone with another battery. It would not come on at all.
    I'll have to go back to my Env 2 for now :(

5. bsutton1

I got some good news. I went to another Verizon store this morning to try another battery. It didn't work. It was definitely my phone. However, the rep asked I wanted to put insurance on it. I thought I couldn't because I've had the phone for about 7 months. She said it was a 50/50 chance of me getting insurance anyway. We tried it and I was able to get insurance. It's $4.49 extra a month which I could do. She told me to call Verizon tomorrow for my replacement. I'm happy that I can get a replacement Eris. Hopefully it will be new with official 2.1 on it.
    I entered in this contest with HTC last for a new Incredible. Maybe I will win that too.. :)

6. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good God. Now VZW employees are aiding and abetting their customers with insurance fraud.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

eu1

7. bsutton1

I'm stuck with my EV2. Asurion won't let me get a new phone since I just added insurance to it yesterday.