Eris has a 1 year warranty right?General

Last Updated:

1. PraiseYevon

PraiseYevon Member This Topic's Starter

I should be able to un-root the device, go back to 2.1 OTA, and complain about dialer lag until they give me a new droid?

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Yes it has a 1 year warranty. Yes you can unroot it. About the rest, I don't think you can count on any guarantees...

3. crickitobs

crickitobs New Member

Dialer lag is just not clearing your call history and someone at Verizon might just be smart enough to point that out.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I'm sure Verizon is preparing for a number of Eris users coming in to replace their phone just before the one year mark. While it is true that they replaced or upgraded a few people's phones, most where on their third to sixth refurb before they were upgraded them.

5. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

From everything I have read, the people that got replacement phones other than an Eris had more than just dialer lag to worry about.

6. Joe_Evaristo

Joe_Evaristo Well-Known Member

In my case, I'd had complaints on file every couple months, and had gone through a refurb as well. After, of course, having a nearly 10 year history with Verizon with no complaints.

So most likely someone who has no complaints on file with the phone and is suddenly making a sketchy complaint will appear to be someone looking for a freebie and not get one.