eris in canadia on vzwGeneral

Last Updated:

1. icomeanon

icomeanon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so i wanna go to canadia/canadada for my vacation this summer...quebec/montreal/ottowa roadtrip. last time i was in canada with vzw, i had the curve. so what im wondering is will this be the same: no internet (which means no nav or email), phone calls and texts at a ridiculous cost?

anyone know? not having any sort of navigation unit when roadtripping through unfamiliar ground would be...inadvisable. maps nonwithstanding, when you get off course, a navigation unit can get you back to where you should be.

Advertisement
  2. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Well, first of all, it's spelled Canadadia, thankyouverymuch....

And I believe unless you've worked out something out of the normal range of plans with Verizon, you will be 'Roaming'.

I go over the border for work all of the time. I avoid making texts and calls with my personal cell over there, unless I'm RIGHT on the border.

icomeanon likes this.
  3. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

There is a North America plan but I have no idea if that covers data or not but worth checking into. If you can find a storm/tour/touch pro etc activate and unlock maybe you could get a prepaid sim once you get there?
    You'll have to scour google voice forums too, There is some website "freephone.ca" or something like that where you can get a free virtual canadian phone number and GV lets you add that number to it....soooo while it sounds complicated if you can work that out with a prepaid sim might save ya an aweful lot, perhaps enough to get a garmin so you don't have to rely on the phone for GPS ;) Just a suggestion

icomeanon likes this.
  4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I have a friend who just vacationed in Canada, she called Verizon and switcher her cell to a Canada area ... it cost $5 to make the switch. She then switched back when she came back to the states. If you want to receive email/internet/updates in Canada, it might be a good way to go. I should mention that she does not have an Eris, but she does have a smart phone.

icomeanon likes this.
  5. icomeanon

icomeanon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks all, ill see what i can get done so im not out of touch for a week.