Eris is always heating up.General

Last Updated:

1. jakes eris

jakes eris Member This Topic's Starter

All the time all day my Eris heats up like crazy and gets very hot. My phone doesn't even have any apps running and im not using it and it heats up A LOT. Can anybody help me with this problem or does anybody know anything about this?

Advertisement
  2. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

How hot is it getting? Do you have a widget or something that has a temperature?

If not, grab something like curve fish battery widget. Click it, enable the tempurature. Get it hot (or what you think is hot) and come tell me the temp. reading.

Are you rooted and overclocking too? If so, what mhz?

3. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

Have you gone into Menu>Settings>Applications>Running Services to see if there are any apps running in the background?

4. jakes eris

right now it is at 112.3 F and still rising...and no it is not rooted...

5. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

is that your battery or the CPU? I have the Seidio 1750mah battery and I am rooted, oc'ed and even with heavy use my battery has never exceeded 106 degrees F.

6. jakes eris

i just have the original batter. and the temperature is what curvefish said it was

7. BlueDC2

Well, 45 C is the max temp when my overclocking is set to clock back. I'm assuming that's his battery...I don't know how he could get the temp that high on stock 480-528...

8. jakes eris

112 was the highest i saw it on. its on 108 right now and i am not even using it

9. piperchris

piperchris New Member

I'm having this problem as well. Mine is running at 109.4 right now. Mine is stock as well running 2.1 v. 3 leak. Anything to fix this as it seems to lead to crashing

Edit: 119.6 and it crashed. Here is a picture. No programs were running I killed them all with advanced task killer.

[​IMG]

10. BlueDC2

Iwould say to go to the store with pics and get a replacement....they well try a reset and other bs even though this is a severe hardware problem.

11. rxfilr

rxfilr Well-Known Member

Mine was noticeably hot yesterday. The phone was having a google contacts sync error. It kept constantly trying to sync. If I turned sync off, phone would cool down. Finally deleted contact data, re synced and that fixed it.

12. Houstatlanavegas

Houstatlanavegas Well-Known Member

mines only get hot when the phone is on the charger and if im on a phone call. Ive never really paid attention to it but idk

lemme kno if this is a problem

13. Slugdoc

Slugdoc Well-Known Member

And when it's hot your battery runs out, too, right?

Mine has started doing that, and I can't get it to stop. My phone has now run out of battery in mid-day, after spontaneously getting all hot for the second time this week. I rely on a phone for business, and this is unacceptable.

Download the tiny app "TOP" it will tell you which process(es) are using the cpu. for me it was something like system.android.acore and something. something.google.gapps.

My next step will be to do the Factory reset.

What I don't get is why it is so random. Happened Wednesday, and persisted all wednesday despite powering down, battery pull, etc. Then Wednesday night it spontaneously stopped running the cpu at 100%. Thursday was fine, a good 18 hour battery day, phone nice and cool. Now Friday at 2 PM, phone gets hot, by 3:30 battery is dead..

I am starting to hate this phone even though I love it.

14. piperchris

piperchris New Member

Mine is hot most of the time, I would say 80% of the time it's hot and 20% cool. The battery life is horrid as well. Maybe 6 hours of minimal use. I took it back to the Verizon store today and they told me they can't do anything because I'm running a leaked version and that was probably the reason it was heating up.