Eris is better than what I had!General

Last Updated:

1. polizi212

polizi212 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Like many of you who have killed many kittens with the posts about the update, I am guilty as well. I do how ever have good reason for concern. Back in March of 09 I was misled, Lied too and flat out given wrong and bad information! I was a Alltel customer and was looking to upgrade my phone, I wanted a smart phone but not a blackberry the salesmen sold me on the Samsung Delve. This salesmen hyped this phone as the latest greatest thing since the phone was invented. I had specific things that I needed the phone to do and was assured by this person that the phone would do all these things and more. In fact he said it would be more awesome after the new update of the OS. Well I didn't know anything at that time about phones but after a few months with no update and missing promised ability I went back to the store only to be told tough! Well since I had to wait for my contract to end I would have to wait for a new phone. Well in the interim the Verizon take over happened and the features of my phone started to not exist any longer. Verizon to their credit allowed me to early upgrade and I jumped on the chance. With one exception I did my research and asked a lot of questions. I am happy with my phone but I wish it would get this update so I can have the Navigation, I mean heck my old crappy Delve had turn by turn from Tele nav!

My delve had these free options included
    Navigation, Alltel radio on demand, Alltel TV on demand, Nutsie, My cast Weather, and as a bonus the mission impossible trilogy on micro sd card.

the bad things about my Delve, Not really customizable. I had to pay for ring tones if I wanted them. Email application on the Delve couldnt handle my Pop email, could receive not send. (told there was no fix nor would there be one). No free applications. Not much in the way of a community to help with problems.

My Eris even with out the Navigator is hands down far better than what I had. I will wait for the update if it dont happen I will still live but I will at least have options to root or use the leak. I know there are better phones coming soon but that all the time its like computers ever month something better comes along. I buy what works for me at the time, I don't try to keep up with technology it moves too fast anyway.

You can put down the Eris as too slow, Lacking the update but in my eyes it is like getting a sports car for a Chevette in a equal trade. Be patient HTC has confirmed and Verizon has agreed a update is coming soon. The only thing some of you have to worry about is will it update your leaked version. That question alone should be a hotter topic than when or if its going to happen. Plus we have this forum which is hands down better than most Verizon sales reps!

Advertisement
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

The problem with dealing with salespeople is they get paid commission. Many phones have spiffs on them which in turn means they'll make extra money by pushing them. I used to be in electronic sales and was very good at my job. I always sold the items with the most money in them. I didn't care how good or bad the product was as long as it paid me well. I once sold an old big screen we had on the floor for 3 years because it paid me over $300 to sell it. I even managed to sell it to a guy just walking through our store to get to recordtown across the mall. He didn't even want to stop and talk to any of us, but i managed to grab his attention and gave him an offer to good to pass up. Of course he wasn't the first person i made that offer to, but he was the last as the tv was no longer made and we needed room for newer models. Anyhow salespeople should not be trusted, do your own research. There is plenty of info available on the net, so you should know what you want and what you'll pay before you go shopping. I did my research on my next cell phone and am more than happy with my decision. I see people all the time buying things they regret, if they had just taken the time to do the research to get prepared, then they wouldn't have buyers remorse.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Boy do I agree with that. I often wonder about those complaining in forums about how they got "ripped off" or purchased "a piece of junk," etc, and are now awaiting an update to "make the phone work right."

The specs are available, user reviews are available (I trust those the least unless the review is written at least two months after the day of purchase), tech reviews are all over the internet and comparative data is all over the place as well, not to mention the right to handle a sample device in-store.

4. dalsnpals

dalsnpals Member

All I can say that this phone is by far better than my old storm. I am very happy and having fun.

5. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

Mine beats the WinMo phones I've had. Hands down. WinMo had just gotten stale, so I am really enjoying Android. I like the way google and the web integrates with everything, something I thought I would hate. Switching from an Outlook centered existece to Google/web based one took some adjustment, but I like it now!

6. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Windows Mobile does have one built in advantage but i don't see it being exploited. And thats a nice development platform, visual studio. I used to make apps for the palm pilot like device i had back in the day and it was very easy to develop for. I haven't really dived into the dev kit for android so i'm not sure if its as easy to develop for but i'm guessing as my language of choice was visual basic it probably isn't quite as easy to develop for.