Eris is deleting contactsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. BabyBacon

BabyBacon Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever i enter a new contact they stay in my phone for about a minute and then i go back to my "people" page and they have disappeared (i see them for a second, then they disappear) They are contacts i have entered manually. all of the contacts show up on my gmail page. but they arent on my phone.

I have tried it with syncing on and off. same thing happens.

So i am just trying to get some info on this before i try a factory reset(dont really want to)

Advertisement
  2. 4x4le

4x4le Well-Known Member

im having a similar problem. my contacts im entering through my phone are not showing up on my google contacts even though background data usage is on and it is setup to sync my contacts and calender automaticly. it does add numbers to my phone if i do it through google though. when my phone was new all of the syncing worked great, i have a feeling the damn ota's screwed that up for us too.

so what are we doing wrong guys?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

3. BabyBacon

BabyBacon Member This Topic's Starter

well, i just did a factory reset. and it seems to have fixed the problem, i just made sure it synced with google in the start up menu and it seemed to work right. I didnt undo too much. since i just got my phone last night.

4. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Do you have a task killer and if so, are you killing the pc sync thing. I did, had a similar problem, got rid of the task killer and everything is cool. Just make sure all of your contacts say Google next to them. Also, I think Caddyman did a thread on backing up contacts that was really good. May be of interest.

5. 4x4le

4x4le Well-Known Member

i no longer use task killers. ill look up the thread about backing up apps

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk