• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Eris is running very hot, battery depleting very quickly

gadgetmom88

Sep 23, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
I just got the Eris yesterday and am surprised at how fast the battery depletes. I'm an ex-iPhone user, so I'm used to living with lots of battery chargers (I had to charge my iPhone 2x/day), but the Eris was 100% charged this morning at 6am, and down to 20% by 9:30. My phone is sleeping 45% of the time, and I'm using Advanced Task Killer to kill apps regularly. More concerning is that the phone is very hot to the touch, is this normal?

I just got the Eris yesterday and am surprised at how fast the battery depletes. I'm an ex-iPhone user, so I'm used to living with lots of battery chargers (I had to charge my iPhone 2x/day), but the Eris was 100% charged this morning at 6am, and down to 20% by 9:30. My phone is sleeping 45% of the time, and I'm using Advanced Task Killer to kill apps regularly. More concerning is that the phone is very hot to the touch, is this normal?

Phone hot - normal.

Ditch advanced task killer. If you must use something, use advanced task manager.

Is sleeping 45% representative of your use? If not, disable the native SMS application and download another.

Turn off bluetooth when not in use.

You should get a full day out of that.

There are a bunch of battery threads here, happy reading! :D

Upvote 0
mine gets hot on extended use but it is fairly normal, around 100F is not uncommon.

i use advanced task manager, the big debate and many people who are "up" on android tend to think there is absolutely no need at all for a task program because android knows how to handle the programs and memory on it's own.....

Every CDMA phone I have used has gotten hot on longer calls. It's been a while since I had one (forced Nextel then AT&T) but the first time I made a long call on this phone I thought, oh yeah, forgot about that.

It's better than the stupid feedback through every speaker in your house when using the other phone types. :p

Upvote 0
Get used to the battery. Prior to my Eris I have had an iPhone and jailbroken iPhone 3GS with backgrounder since 07 when the first one came out. I was ok with the battery on both of those phones, but I have to charge my Eris several times a day, just get used to it and make sure you always have a charger available (I have to charge mine about every 4 hours of use)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones