Eris Keeps hightlighting objects by it self.General

Last Updated:

1. CrazyKnight128

CrazyKnight128 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My eris has been high lighting or selecting things on its own out of no where. Basically what i mean is when im typing a text it will high light the send button stopping me from being able to text. I was just wondering if any one else has had this issue and should i call verizon and will they replace the phone if i have isurance?

Advertisement
  2. CrazyKnight128

Ok it seems to be doing it when i have it plugged into to my computer and just charging, I havnt tried it on the wall charger yet.

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Your trackball is broken. Your going to have to get it sent in for a new one. Mine did the same thing until it just started scrolling even without being plugged in.

PROTIP: If you shake it while plugged in, it should start scrolling by itself.

4. MoeS

MoeS New Member

Had the same problem with my eris and also had my home screen "jumping" all of the time. Needed to get mine replaced.

5. kushdoctor

kushdoctor Active Member

Mine has done that intermittently but I haven't had any real issues with it. Its happened on almost every interface on the phone (contacts, messages, browser, search, etc...). Mine however never actually stopped me from texting or using the phone, but its good to know that I could get it replaced.

6. CrazyKnight128

Ok yeah it does select things when i shack the phone, Thanks guys if it gets any worse then i guess im going to call verizon and get me a new phone.