• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris lock screen bounces wont unlock

cmonster

Jan 11, 2010
Hi there,
I did some searching and can't find this problem. If there is an answer out there, please point me to it or help me figure out what's going on.
My eris is on 1.5 (I don't want to go through the manual install of a leak and would rather just wait....)
I am trying to unlock my phone so I can turn off the stream I am listening to in the app StreamFurious Pro but I can not. When I tap the red button right of the track ball, the lock screen comes up, but then when I swipe down it only slides part of the way and then starts to shimmy or bounce up and down. I can see the browser window I last had open below it, but I cant get to anything because the lock won't slide all the way down. Even when that grey bar does get all the way gone, it bounces back a second later.

The menu button does not respond.

If I hit the red button again to send it to sleep, it does. Letting it sit does not help. When I hit the red button again, it either shows the grey bar you grab still bouncing, or the lock screen again, but the same thing then happens.

I have had streamFurious Pro for awhile and never had this issue. I have not added any new apps since yesterday AM and used my phone just fine between then and now.

Thanks for your help

I know that this is novel but just to throw it out there. Make sure that your hand is not touching any other part of the screen when you try to unlock and pull down slowly and all the way. You don't seem like an idiot so just take my advice with a grain of salt.

I repair computers and every once in a blue moon, I jump right into the complicated repairs but don't bother to notice that the plug was unplugged or loose.

Upvote 0
Ok so I think the issue is StreamFuriousPro app because when I got a phone call (which stops the stream so I can take the call) the problem went away. Confirmed after hanging up, locking and re-locking.

I will go to that app's page and see what I can find out.

Oh and alprazolam, no worries. I do know my way around this stuff pretty well, but do dumb things all the time too. It was a valid thing to suggest. Not the problem this time though.

Will post updates if I hear anything else.

Upvote 0
This problem is related to your phone being plugged into a wall charger.

I have experienced it on 4 of 7 Eris's I've had, including the current one.

On my 3rd party wall charger, I can't even USE the touchscreen, AT ALL. If I can use the trackball, I use it, otherwise I just use it to charge when I sleep.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/113660-touch-screen-acting-up.html

Upvote 0
This problem is related to your phone being plugged into a wall charger.

I have experienced it on 4 of 7 Eris's I've had, including the current one.

On my 3rd party wall charger, I can't even USE the touchscreen, AT ALL. If I can use the trackball, I use it, otherwise I just use it to charge when I sleep.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/113660-touch-screen-acting-up.html

same for me... But mine only started doing this after the 2.1 OTA update... I solved by using my computer to charge it..

Upvote 0
Mine did this out of the box back in January with the factory plug. I've just learned to deal with it because I'm not going to get into a musical phone return cycle with Verizon like I did with my Omnia.
If I need to use it, I unplug it, use it and plug it back in. Eh, it works for me.
But I jumped out of the Eris gate asking about the jumpy screen issues when plugged in on other forums.
Oh well, life goes on. Jumpy screen and all.
I have to say, it seems to be a teeny, tiny bit better since I rooted. It might be my imagination or maybe I'm finally used to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones