Eris lost or stolen yesterdayGeneral

Last Updated:

1. teleburst

teleburst Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It looks about 99% certain that my Eris is gone. I'm still holding out a little hope that I'll find it around the house. I thought I was carrying it and the charger in my hand along with my work jacket yesterday morning. When I got to work, I couldn't find either in the car so I thought that maybe I forget to pick it up. Got home and couldn't find it or the charger. When I pulled the car out of my yard's parking spot (it's on grass) later in the day, I saw the charger laying there. However, I didn't see the phone. Since it would be weird for someone to have taken the phone but not the charger laying right next to it, I'm holding out a 1% chance that it's still around the house. However, I haven't been able to find it at all.

Anyway, I've put it on suspension right now (the in-store rep says that I can bring any phone back on lne to replace it if I get a different phone through eBay or other source). So at least I've got any opportunist locked out of the phone.

Here's my question - I don't have the funds to pay $150 - 200 for a "new" Eris on eBay. So, if you were me, what would you consider to be the best cheap smartphone alternative that I can pick up for less than $100 on the open market? (preferably more like $50 <g>). I'd just get a cellphone to tide me over but since I'm having to pay for the data plan, I might as well get something with a browser.

Any suggestions? Anyone have something lying around that they aren't using? Yeah, yeah, I know...

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

You might consider a used Eris off Ebay or Craigslist.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

4. smacky

smacky Banned

Get a Droid. They're in my area for under $175. I don't think it'd be much different for you.

Just be careful on Craigslist. The whole "exchange in a busy area so you don't get slapped and raped" thing.

5. teleburst

Picked up a rooted Eris from forum classifieds - thanks Frisco! I'm going to get to try a couple of new ROMs as well - I *was* running XTRROM on my old Eris and the seller is going to ship it with KAOSFroyo but leave XTRROM and XTRSense folders on the SD.

It's great that there are forum members who are selling for reasonable prices. If I find my old Eris, I'll pay it forward by selling it on the forum instead of eBay.

If I hadn't found a good Eris, I might have gotten a Droid if the price had been right. but I wanted to stay with Eris if possible.

6. wyzird

wyzird Well-Known Member

Just a word of advice. When you get your new phone, download either Mobile Defense or Lookout Mobile Security. That way you can find your phone should you lose it.

7. teleburst

That's the first thing on my list!

I suspect that my old phone is going to pop up in about 6 months <g>.