Eris missing from HTC websiteGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ericlmccormick

ericlmccormick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I first got my Eris I remember that it was all over the HTC website as their new phone on Verizon. I know that the Nexus One has come out and been the center of attention but the Eris seems no where to be found. If you do a search on the site you can find the user manual(PDF) and some press release but that's about it. I sent an email to them asking whats up but has anyone else noticed this? This really worries me that it is gone, specially when I am expecting a nice 2.1 update(fingers crossed) on the 22nd.

Edit:
    I don't know what was up but I just check back and the site is completely different then it was 10mins ago and I mean like a total makeover. I must have been sent over to a backup server that doesn't run flash and is out of date or something. Even the search results came back different!

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

You know, I actually saw that today and didn't know what to think. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Dunno why they did this.

Is the Eris also called the "Desire" or something?

3. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member

just went on the site and the main page is still advertising the Eris.

4. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

Must have been a fluke thing... It's on the front page right now. When I click on "Find out more" it takes me here. Everything seems normal to me.

5. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Well-Known Member

It is also known as the Desire/Eris I went htc homepage and it was on thier website products first phone on the left

6. sed

sed Active Member

7. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

I emailed them over a month ago about the eris not being on the support pages and they replied they were redoing the site and it would be included after the site was updated.
    Just checked and it is there.

8. sapix_

sapix_ New Member

Agree! I just went to the site today, thu Jan 21st at 11 pm and the ERIS is nowhere on their list of products!! WTF???? does it mean now our beloved phone is obsolete??? ASNWERS PLEASE

9. jmastron

jmastron Well-Known Member

If I go to www.htc.com/us and click on "Products" or "Browse Phones", the Eris is right there (arrow to the left behind the Touch Pro2, or it's the first one if you filter for "Verizon".

10. Melissa31

Melissa31 Well-Known Member

11. bottlecap

bottlecap Well-Known Member

Dude, that's cool to see what the rest of world has for HTC phones. Thanks! I think I had the grandfather of the HTC TyTN II when it was the T*Mobile MDA

[​IMG]