eris navigation audio through car speakers?General

Last Updated:

1. rocky s.

rocky s. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all...

New Eris owner as of last week - so far, so good I guess, but awaiting some fixes like everyone else (i.e. htc clock/weather widget issues with wrong city, daytime/nighttime mix-ups, etc.). My question is this...my phone does pair and connect with my chevy traverse bluetooth system very well as far as calls, but navigation audio reverts to phone speaker. In many ways the google maps navigator is better than the in-dash one in the car, so is there any way to set it also to use the vehicle's speaker system??

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Realm

Realm Member

Its possible, If you have a headphone jack that connects from the Eris to the Car then It can work. It works on my friends car

rocky s. likes this.
  3. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

Not sure of the bluetooth protocals supported by your car, but the eris also supports stereo audio output via bluetooth. perhaps you might just need to enable that in your bluetooth setting.....

4. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member

thats odd that it reverts to the phone speaker... I have a headphone jack that i use to plug in my zune to the car and it also works for my navigation... (of course thats probably no help to you)...

5. rocky s.

rocky s. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the suggestions...

By the way trav473, do you mean enable that in the bluetooth settings in the phone or the car?