Eris nightime or bedtime mode?General

Last Updated:

1. stymye

stymye Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to set up a quick launch/app? or scene for bedtime mode on the eris?
    I would like to have the eris basically become an alarm clock with no features running in the background, simply displaying a dimly lit time and prominent snooze button, reliable volume?

I was late for work yesterday because I inadvertently had the volume too low and/or the vibrate off
    I need something more reliable, especially for travel.

thanks in advance

*edit- the snooze option is not a main goal as I don't normally use snooze anyway , I just want to set up a reliable alarm clock "mode" more than anything.

Advertisement
  2. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

I like the app Night Clock. Make sure your phone is plugged in though! You can also make a little stand for your phone using an old library card or hotel key. Check out my post in the accessories thread for pics.

3. stymye

stymye Member This Topic's Starter

the stand is ingenius! so simple .. thanks for that , I'm going to download the night clock app and try it..thanks.

I'm open to more great ideas as well.

I saw a dock somewhere (I think it was for the Hero?) that could put the phone into an alarm clock/media player mode(while charging), does anyone have more info on this?I didn't think to save the link

4. falexs

falexs Well-Known Member

I was wanting the same thing... thanks. I was thinking about turning on Airplane Mode, but wanted to be able to see what I received while I was asleep (calls, texts, emails, etc.) Will Night Clock help for this?

5. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

No, it is just a really simple clock with big numbers. You can change the color of the digits and you can set one of your mp3s as an alarm.

Kaloer is another clock that i've been trying. That one shows the date and battery level. I dont remember how the alarm is on that one.

6. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Well, for changing all of the settings I use an app called Quick Profiles. You can set a profile with the volumes for everything down except the alarm. I did this and named it Bedtime. Then I have another one called 'Default' that gets things back to where I want them normally.

The other advantage to Quick Profiles, is that you can have it turn off things you don't need, like Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. So by hitting my Default profile, it quickly turns all of that stuff off.

I just wish it could be set on a timer so that I didn't have to do it manually. There was something similar and much more powerful on WinMo that did have timer capabilities.

For the alarm, I use Klaxon. It's a great alarm app, and does include a 'Nighttime Clock' feature, but I'm not sure how to keep it active at all times (not go to sleep). Hasn't been an issue for me, though, as I don't like to stare at the clock all night ; )

7. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

It seems that my phone does not "sleep" when it's plugged in, and I usually charge it when I go to bed. Maybe try that?