• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris not getting 2.1 today

Cuz they dont give a damn about this phone to tell you the truth

If they didn't give a damn, you wouldn't be seeing 2.1 at all. 1.5 would be what you got and you'd have to live with that.

Heh ... for me, the arrival of the official 2.1 update will likely mean it's time to start exploring the hacked ROMs that the guys over at xda are busily creating. :)

I sure as hell hope that we get root because the Legend and Desire 2.1 got immediate root and they are both HTC phones with Sense. No freaking reason that HTC would protect the Eris over those powerhouses.

Upvote 0
If they didn't give a damn, you wouldn't be seeing 2.1 at all. 1.5 would be what you got and you'd have to live with that.

That's exactly what I'm betting on. I don't think they will ever do the OTA update to 2.1 for the Eris. I think they're scrapping it because it's too difficult to update the phones from 1.5 without doing a clean install. Remember what happened with their test in February? It had unintended results (factory resets, Sense UI failures, bricking) on some of the testers' phones.

I think they're giving up on the Eris entirely, and you'll have to get a new phone if you want the "official" 2.1.

Upvote 0
I think they're giving up on the Eris entirely, and you'll have to get a new phone if you want the "official" 2.1.

You were doing all right until you said that.

They'd be facing an "exchange" nightmare if the Eris devices already sold out there with 1.5 were excluded from the 2.1 upgrade, I'm thinking.

OTA is quite effective in getting their devices up to snuff (in their eyes). Next best, and this could be even better, would be to have the upgrade available via computer download with step-by-step instructions.

Upvote 0
well really to be precise it would have to be called "Eris didn't get OTA 2.1 yesterday" because we all know somebody's eris got 2.1 by installing the leak

If that leak, either one of them, were the finished product, I would have returned my Eris by now for another device altogether, likely switching carriers as well, along with a vow to never, ever purchase another product made by HTC.

Upvote 0
Oh...em...GEE!!! This topic
ifeellikecurtains.jpg

Upvote 0
Folks I work for Sprint tech support and the latest news from Sprint is end of next month for the Hero, I figure we can expect 2.1 Official around the same time. I dont think that VZW will allow nor like one of thier competitors to have 2.1 and have thier loyal and faithfull patrons switch due to an OTA update. Be thankfull that OUR Eris's dont have the bugs and problems that the Hero has.... believe me the Hero has a bunch. (Not knockin Sprint, but they rolled out the Hero to fast.)

Upvote 0
Why? Do you even have 2.1 loaded? I have it on 3 phones and it works great - better than 1.5.

Right. :rolleyes:

The bugs and fixes thread, and a plethora of others, even in other Eris forum sites, flies in the face of, "it works .. better than 1.5," let alone, "great."

We apparently have different standards, you and I.

And no, I have no Eris "loaded," mine remains on 1.5 and sober.

Upvote 0
Right. :rolleyes:

The bugs and fixes thread, and a plethora of others, even in other Eris forum sites, flies in the face of, "it works .. better than 1.5," let alone, "great."

We apparently have different standards, you and I.

And no, I have no Eris "loaded," mine remains on 1.5 and sober.
I have extremely high standards for the performance of tech stuff. There are a couple of bugs but nothing out of the ordinary. People tend to gripe about 5 minor things, 10,000 times and the unitiated feel there are 10,000 major problems. Quit reading the same internet posts over and over and install 2.1 and see for yourself. It works GREAT!

Upvote 0
I have extremely high standards for the performance of tech stuff. There are a couple of bugs but nothing out of the ordinary. People tend to gripe about 5 minor things, 10,000 times and the unitiated feel there are 10,000 major problems. Quit reading the same internet posts over and over and install 2.1 and see for yourself. It works GREAT!

Wow, "great" in capitals.

That's too much.. I'm going to install the leak.

Wish me luck.

I'm also going to take a frozen roast out of the ice box and eat it without bothering to cook it.

Wish me luck with that, too.

Upvote 0

Wish me luck.

I'm also going to take a frozen roast out of the ice box and eat it without bothering to cook it.

I just put the tea kettle on...anyone care for more tea.
I'm all out of scones.
Frisco, I'd recommend some green tea...It's best for an upset stomach.

Upvote 0
Im only gonna be here till the 29th and I will still tell you there is not going to be an official 2.1 for the Eris. Keep playing with the Buggy leaks, its all yer gonna get. Now go on and call me a troll and all those other cool E-thug names but you are the ones wishing on a star.

Come see me at the Incredible forum:D:D Where 2.1 is a reality

Upvote 0

Wish me luck.

Why are you so obstinate and contrarian about 2.1 when you have no experience with it? The install is very easy and the results are much better than 1.5. What purpose is it serving to keep posting in these threads? If you install it, we can help you and you can provide useful information that helps others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones