• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris on Cricket Wireless

I'll post my settings. Using 58299 prl it sucks. The guys at a local cricket re seller are trying to put an eris on cricket. What a coincidence, I need a prl file.

He claims he could get in trouble for giving it to me.

That's a darn shame isn't it! What with me being able to make mms work and everything...

When he emails me a file I well help him.

I can get the prl file other ways but why not help one another...

I can get you prl files. PM me.

Upvote 0
Roaming. My gf pays that for her plan with 200 roaming minutes. The broadband at 35 per month already puts you in verizon range, and past sprint hero range with no mms and only 200 minutes outside well populated areas?

I'm asking how you guys function with no roaming. The broadband trick is great if you downgrade your plan and get the card. But she needs the roaming and when you add broadband on top of that, 90/month? Brutal.

If I never went out of town, at all, for anything, I'd get cricket too. But I do.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
OK well Guys, I found a guy here in San Diego that claims he can flash my phone to Cricket with full features even with me having the 2.1v2 leak software already installed. I offered the guy $100 to show me how its done and he didn't bite. But I am tempted to let them flash it anyways just to see if the guy can really do it. Then I could try to reverse engineer it to see how he did it. Still not sure though. I am thinking about it. I do like the speed of using the broadband account and not sure I want to go to slower proxy speeds, but I know there are people on here who would love to have this info. I will think about it.

Upvote 0
OK well Guys, I found a guy here in San Diego that claims he can flash my phone to Cricket with full features even with me having the 2.1v2 leak software already installed. I offered the guy $100 to show me how its done and he didn't bite. But I am tempted to let them flash it anyways just to see if the guy can really do it. Then I could try to reverse engineer it to see how he did it. Still not sure though. I am thinking about it. I do like the speed of using the broadband account and not sure I want to go to slower proxy speeds, but I know there are people on here who would love to have this info. I will think about it.

My wife has a Htc Droid Eris on Cricket like that. When we got our phones flashed EVERYTHING was working. The I did a SD Partition on mine and lost the use of my apps, market, maps...etc......But as stated my wife's phone is still like that but I'm not quite sure how to go about the reverse engineering process you had in mind.....Any ideas on where to start? I tried ##778 and ##PROGRAM...and nothing happens......I can't even get into QPST on her phone to see.....

Upvote 0
If this is for real, when I figure it out, I'm blowing this up.

Ridiculous. I can't imagine that proxy letting anything through, but if it's possible, I'm appalled. Impressive, really.

Oh...OH...Blow it up now! lol I know its possible. I had my Sprint Diamond running through the proxy and had all the apps working. I just had to tell the phone to use the wap connection for everything. So I know it has to be possible, just need to find the magic settings that allow a person to tell the applications what connection to use.

xcellentdeals - If you cant ##778# and get into that PST settings then you cant see how its programmed. While that could be the key, I highly doubt it. There has to be something in the Android OS, some special proxy to app settings or something........scratches head......Keeps starring at phone, sheds a lite tear.... lol.

Upvote 0
SirSlayer, you should have let him fully flash your phone, then do a nandroid backup, then upload the backup to dissect. Or we'll make a 100% clean nandroid backup of it so anyone could flash it (no personal info, etc).

Or I assume you're on leak and not root, if this wasn't already on your mind..

hey, did you ever find the cricket prl to use in buffalo? im also in buffalo and looking for 38199.prl, would you be able to share it if you have it or could you tell me what prl you're using in buffalo for evdo... thanks

Upvote 0
Dude I notice you leave in kettering oh, I live in Dayton oh is there any way I can bring my laptop over for you to teach me how to flash my HTC Eris to Cricket..Please am a quick learner but am afraid if I do it by myself I will mess something up. Thanks

I don't know how far away it is, but I'm out in Buffalo. I'll show you whatever you like.

It's not that hard, really.

You just root the Eris normally, then flash ANY ROM you want, then set your PST settings and put the PRL file in, then flash the webandmms.zip (the same way you flashed a ROM), and your Eris is FULLY flashed to Cricket.

Follow the tutorial to Root your phone

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/53963-guide-stock-1-5-latest-root-2-1-a.html

Then here to put it on Cricket

http://androidforums.com/all-things...ully-cricket-root-reqd.html?highlight=cricket

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones