Eris OTA UpdateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. laurentypo

laurentypo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is a thread for people who are waiting to get the official OTA update, so we don't have to read all of the posts about people who downloaded the ROM.

Advertisement
  2. adammsu

adammsu Well-Known Member

who doesnt love a gal with a stache?

3. ScarcelyAware

ScarcelyAware Well-Known Member

I don't.

So why's everyone waiting?

4. smacky

smacky Banned

So that they can come into the threads where people with balls that flashed the leak can answer the question they ask thirty times in three pages "so, does 2.1 really work? Is it really worth it?"

5. SlickRick

SlickRick Well-Known Member

I love this thread! (waiting for OTA):eek:
    SlickRick

6. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

What is the point of this thread, just to say that we're waiting. We don't really have much to talk about.

7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Interesting that you would feel that you have to read all of the posts about people who downloaded the ROM, as you say.

Perhaps if we help you to explore those feelings.

How long have you felt forced to read things you don't want to read?

8. laurentypo

laurentypo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I used to read the other Eris to 2.x, when? thread, but since the ROM release, nobody has said anything about the OTA. You literally have to search through the hundred posts a day to search for a link or something about the OTA. I'm fine with people talking about the ROM... just wanted to be able to talk with people who are waiting :)

9. chassum

chassum Well-Known Member

Personally, I think that waiting for the OTA is a great luxury. I feel like i'm sitting in the catbird's seat.
    - I've got a 1.5 ROM on my phone that is stable, usable, and very nice.
    - I've got a 2.1 ROM downloaded that I can always put on my phone if I feel I must.
    - I can read all the posts about what works/doesn't work, etc. from the early adopters.
    - I have every confidence that the official OTA will come AnyDayNow.
    - I have the smug satisfaction that comes with not caving in to the rush to adopt.

TheAtheistReverend likes this.
  10. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I agree. The 2.1 Leaked version is almost worthy of its own forum. This is nuts trying to sift through everything.

11. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

I would've waited.. if I wasn't so impatient. Now I almost feel trapped and if the ones that waited gets a different version OTA and I'm stuck with the leaked version, I'll be mad..

12. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

by this time next month everyone will be focused on 2.1.... nobody will be thinking 1.5 anymore.

13. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

+1 (except for the having a ROM part)

And in addition to that, as I mentioned in another thread, if the update is as great as everyone is saying it is then it will be well worth the wait. ;)

14. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

Mostly to prove to myself that I can. I am usually one of the "DO IT!! DO IT NOW!!" people. So, since I can't fix this myself if I screw it up, I am forcing myself to wait at least a few days.

Secondary reason is to give the leak a few days to settle, and see if any issues arise...

15. JohnnyThumbz

JohnnyThumbz Well-Known Member

I have the update as well, just havnt installed yet. Every new OS has bugs, I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out if my phone. and if i have to wait for the OTA then so be it. " the best thing comes to those who wait"...

16. justinr

justinr Active Member

The biggest reason I'm not is because everyone is like. "oh peep doesn't work, stock don't work, friendstream doesn't work but other than that its great! Oh and when the ota update comes out we won't get that either..." I think I'll just hold off for the real release that works.

17. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Actually, peep works a whole lot better, stocks works fine, friendstream is nonexistent and there is no proof either way when it comes to the OTA. My speculation is that it will still be available and even newer features will present themselves.

I understand what you guys are saying though. I actually want to go through and post a thorough list of all the pros and cons of the leaked 2.1, but really think that it is a waste at this point. It will die down in a day or so though. Then we just have to figure out if someone is running 1.5 or 2.1 when they are asking a question.....won't that be fun.

jkmasi, SirSlayer, 00smurf and 2 others like this.
  18. homerpez

homerpez Well-Known Member

While I almost just went though with it, I decided to wait for the OTA, pretty much because I don't like the idea of resetting EVERYTHING and reloading EVERY app I have on my phone, just for something that may or may not work for me. (Though I guess if the OTA process makes me do the same thing, I may find myself frustrated enough to load the leaked one. Ask me again in a couple weeks. lol)

Really, the major thing bothering me about 1.5 is the lack of turn-by-turn navigation, or rather the map not facing the way I am in the real world :p So from my standpoint, I'd rather just wait and have it done right (not to mention the days of frustration trying to get everything back how it was)...

19. justinr

justinr Active Member

Haha ya that's true about the 1.5 or 2.1 thing... although it just seems to me like the leak is some sort of earlier build. And I would just rather wait. I thought I read somewhere in one of the 50 new forums about the leak that said you wouldn't be able to receive the ota...? Although I guess until it is released no one will really know...

20. OfTheDamned

LMAO! You don't like it? I've reinstalled the leaked version 3 times (testing out theories of others) and had to reinstall and set everything up each time.

jvw1966 likes this.
  21. justinr

justinr Active Member

I don't understand what's wrong with him not wanting to do that. Just because you or I wouldn't mind doesn't mean that he wouldn't....

22. OfTheDamned

I HATE IT!!!!!!!!! That is why I was laughing. He doesn't like the idea and I hate having to do it, but I've done it 3 times in the last couple of days.:D

blackbrolly likes this.
  23. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

I've done a factory reset on my phone like freakin 10 times since I've gotten it too. Haha. It sucks, but now I'm used to it. A friend of mine is the biggest hoarder ever and has about every app on the market installed. His phone is so laggy. I couldn't deal with that.

24. walkinonthesun

walkinonthesun Active Member

I am the same as you. I have really been wanting to you the navigation (since I get lost very easily) and I could really use it this weekend for travelling. But now I can borrow a Garmin from my parents, so I convinced myself to wait for the OTA.

25. justinr

justinr Active Member

Oh Haha duh. I love when sarcasm completely escapes me. =\ but ya, resets are evil.