• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris OTA Update

I HATE IT!!!!!!!!! That is why I was laughing. He doesn't like the idea and I hate having to do it, but I've done it 3 times in the last couple of days.:D

But you are probably really good at it. I work in IT on a campus that got an early release of win 7 before all of the drivers were ready. I had to reinstall windows 3 times before I got everything working just the way I wanted. By the third time, I could install it in my sleep. ;)

Upvote 0
But you are probably really good at it. I work in IT on a campus that got an early release of win 7 before all of the drivers were ready. I had to reinstall windows 3 times before I got everything working just the way I wanted. By the third time, I could install it in my sleep. ;)

OH, I think I have it down to a science now. I had everything installed, logged in, back in place and running about 7 minutes after the last install. :D

HINT: Connect to a good wifi source when reinstalling all your apps. You can download just about all of them at one time. It saves A LOT of time.

Upvote 0
I don't blame you all for waiting, i waited until this am just to see if any bricks happened, since I didnt see that I went for it. I carry 2 phones though, this one is NOT mission critical, and only about a 2 weeks old so why not ya know? If I used it for work, or had a couple months of tweaking I'd be in here complaining about all the 2.1 threads too ;) My wife's is still 1.5 and I'd like to keep it that way to see when the ota comes whats different etc. so no scaredy cat comments or anything like that, as cool as it seems right now I think I can say that its not worth reloading IF you have your phone they way you like it. Mine was my first android and I played with it so much it was a hot mess anyway, not anything to lose!

Upvote 0
does anyone know for sure (or educated guess even) if the people who download the leaked rom will still get the OTA because of it wont get the OTA then i guess i wont do it but i am ready to do it like now ... already downloaded it haha

I think that's the main reason why there are still a lot of people waiting it out, along with the fact that there's no way of going back to 1.5. That, and the small risk of bricking the eris...

....well that's why I'M waiting anyway.

Upvote 0
I HATE IT!!!!!!!!! That is why I was laughing. He doesn't like the idea and I hate having to do it, but I've done it 3 times in the last couple of days.:D

You don't hate it. Secretly, deep down, you LOVE doing it :p

I don't want to reset because I spent the other night creating AnyCut Shorcuts for all my Apps...(It's so much easier to do when the Applications-to-edit load in 3 seconds not 10 minutes a piece!)

Upvote 0
who doesnt love a gal with a stache?

I couldn't agree more :thinking:

Guido devila.jpg

Upvote 0
While I took the plunge, I respect those who choose to wait for the official and all of your reasons are legitimate. I don't think you're a scaredy cat if you choose not to and others don't either..the reputable members are teasing you. I guess I'm a glutton for pain because I like a beta OS that halfway breaks my phone and then I have to find a workaround or whatever. That's part of what keeps me from getting board but some don't quite look at this phone the way I do. Hopefully OTA soon and many of the bugs fixed in that version.

Reactions: Droid.eris
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones