Eris, Pandora, and EqualizationGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rycheme

rycheme Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I finally joined the Pandora crowd on my Eris running 2.1 v3 leak. I wasn't happy with the extremely tinny sound I was getting from my (known) good earbuds, did some research, and found that there are no equalization settings with the stock music player.

While I've seen some suggestions for replacement players for MP3's stored on the SD card, does anyone have any ideas what can be done to make the music on Pandora sound better?

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Sound fine to me, then again, I don't have your ears or earbuds. I don't like equalizers since they mess up the sound too much, but that's a topic for a different thread.

As of now, no Android phone has a built-in equalizer. Some app developers are trying to make equalizers in their apps, so keep an eye out for that.

3. rycheme

Will do, thanks for the tip. I use the same earbuds (Skull Candy) on my iPod Touch and laptop and the sound is fine.

4. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

This is the biggest gripe with the phone and is literally the only reason keeping me from using it as a full time music player. I subscribe to Rhapsody so if I could actually stand the quality of the music from the phone, I would use it all the time. But no EQ means no music player for me. It sounds awful without one.

5. rycheme

Agreed, I've just gone back to the iPod Touch for music - the sound quality is superior. I have a buddy who runs his Nexes One through the car auxiliary that never seemed to mind until I plugged the iPod in - now he's jealous :)