Eris Phone 7 (Eris Specific Theme for ADB and Launcher Pro)General

Last Updated:

1. L0stS0ul

L0stS0ul Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 12, 2009
    First off I take no credit for the idea. I just really liked the look and was looking for something different than my usual look and thought I would "port" this to our phone. I'm enjoying it so I thought I would share. Hopefully someone else finds this useful.

See here for the original files:
    newone757 - [Layout] Android Phone 7 (HDPI) - xda-developers
    andyriot - [Layout] Android Phone 7 (MDPI) - xda-developers

Launcher Pro (other launchers work as well)
    Desktop Visualizer (free from market, this is what creates the look.)

I noticed that both of the methods above required the "pro" functionality of Launcher Pro that allows you to resize widgets in order for it to look good. I figured out as close as I could the correct aspect ratios to make the look work on the eris without requiring the resize of the widgets. So to embed the graphics you simply select the the 3x1, 2x1, or 1x2 widget sizes and then select the application you want to launch.

I still can't upload it here so I've uploaded it to filefactory. You can find it here: - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload.

The latest will always be on my blog at: VineRipeSoftware Blog

I've included in the Zip file 3 psd's. The 3x1, 2x1, and 1x2 for each of the graphics. I also switched the font to one that looks a lot like helvetica but was available to me in photoshop. "Myriad Pro"

I've created a few other icons and adjusted the ones included on the other 2 pages so they would fit on our phone.

So steps to reproduce the screenshots below:

1. Extract the zip file and copy the "theme" directory to your SD card.
    2. Set the launcher background to background.png found in the "theme" directory on the SD card
    3. In "launcher pro" hit menu -> preferences -> Appearance Settings - Dock background and choose "custom" and then select the "launcher.png" graphic in the "theme" directory"
    4. In "launcher pro" hit menu -> preferences -> Number Of Docks and set it to 1
    5. Now back at the main screen remove any docked applications on the left or right of the "app drawer" button in the center.
    6. Now press and hold the "app drawer" button and select "change icon" and choose "custom". From the gallery choose the "launcher_button.png" file.
    7. Now you can configure your application screens with the widgets
    For 3 icon space Horizontal Widgets, Select the 3x1 Desktop Visualizer widget, load your 3x1 png and shortcut

For 2 icon space Horizontal Widgets, Select the 2x1 Desktop Visualizer widget, load your 2x1 png and shortcut

For vertical Widgets, Select the 1x2 Desktop Visualizer widget, load your 1x2 png and shortcut

Other applications used in the screenshots:
    Digital Clock Widget (free in android market)
    Weather Forcast Widget (free in android market)

Here's a few screen grabs of it.

Attached Files: