• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris Power plug

xtiger

Dec 2, 2009
Anyone else had an issue with powering up? I now have to push all of my power cords down to get a charge now. If I just plug it into the phone, no charge. It's until I jiggle the cord, is when I get a charge.

Anyone else had this issue? I might take it back in for a new one soon.

Mine is heading toward this. I was climbing across my car (don't ask) with my Eris plugged in, sticking out next to my radio. I brushed my body against the base of my Eris where the charger goes in, and I bent/broke the charging cable where it plugs in. The Eris port seems fine, but every cable I plug in wiggles alittle bit.

NO trouble with connectivity yet. I'd go to Verizon and see what they can do for you.

The sad part might be that they say that the $70 insurance replacement (if you have insurance) is the best that they can do?

Upvote 0
For a charger? I think the charger is covered under the one-year warranty. I can see the rubber getting slightly stripped, or yanked out from the end of the charger. I can see the wires going into the male-end but it still charges fine.

If it poops out on me, I'm just gonna take it in and ask for a new one. It's not like I'm lassoing cows with it in my free time. It's doing this on its own.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones