Eris power supply/charger output specsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. lexsmith

lexsmith New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere because i know its a pretty simple question but i couldnt find the answer anywhere on the forum.

what is the output specs on the HTC Eris power supply/charger? (volts,amps)

Advertisement
  2. Android noob

Android noob Well-Known Member

About a billion volts.

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Right from the source itself.

5 Volts, 1 Amp. In other words, its a standard USB power charger. Just with twice the amperage of a computer USB hub.

4. lexsmith

lexsmith New Member This Topic's Starter

thanks so much, ive heard so many varying answers just trying to get it straight. lost my power supply awhile back and i have multiple options to replace it lying around, just wanted to find the one closest to standard.

5. Puddlejumpernva

Puddlejumpernva Active Member

It seems the standard Motorola chargers for an old RAZR and bluetooth headset are 5V and 550 mA. Charges the phone just fine, I wonder if there's any problem using the lower rate or if it makes any difference at all.

6. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

Just takes longer

7. roxxosteen

roxxosteen New Member

i also lost my charger so i use my old ipod power brick, the output is the same: 5v, 1a.

8. BenEris

BenEris New Member

I used my old razor charger for my eris. Everything was fine until my phone started shutting off all they time by itself. Some times the phone wouldn't even turn on without plugging the phone onto the charger. At first i thought maybe it could be a bad capacitor on the circuit board so i demand Verizon send me a new phone. I got the new phone that came with out a new battery, forcing me to use the original battery that i used on my dysfunctional phone. I found out minutes after i put the battery in the new phone that it was doing the same exacting thing. Thous meaning my theory was wrong and the battery must be the source of the problem. I then decided to check the charger i have been using for about a year. It's amp output was 850mA. I don't have a electrical degree of any sort but i'm guessing that if you don't charge the battery with the right amount of Amperes it could in the future can cause battery failure. Hope this helps.

9. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

I've charged my Eris with either the Motorola charger (500mA) from a RAZR or through the USB port (500mA) on either a laptop or desktop as well as the charger it came with (1000 mA) and haven't had any issues. Been doing this a year. It is possible to get a defective battery or to have been the victim of a surge.