Eris Process and SpeedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. metzy75

metzy75 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed OS Monitor and my phone is only a few days old. I wanted to know the amount of process other members have. Mine is 75 which seems a little high. I am about speed I hate slow phones. I know it won't be rocket fast and I am looking into rooting but am a bit fearful because I don't know about how it works with the warranty and I would Hate to mess up a brand new phone.

Advertisement
  2. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Root most def voids the warranty. It can trim the fat a little (albeit to what benefit I'm not sure) and overclocking the processor will def help speed things up, but that will eat battery,and phone already has issues with battery life. IMO I would either stick with 1.5 or dl the latest 2.1 leak.

3. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

when i had my moto droid, i rooted it and it made it soo so much faster
    however along with voiding the warranty(and then having your phone messed up)

often times the root isn't completely perfect so then you are using a phone that messes up more then usual....like a lot of force closes more then usual

4. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

I don't see how it voids your warranty. With an iPhone, if you hack it all you have to do is restore it to factory settings/get rid of the jailbreak and we will service the phone.

As long as you can rever the phone back to it's factory setting, you shouldn't have a problem. I think this is a benefit of root over the leak.

5. metzy75

I have more questions. If i upgrade to a 2.1 leaked can I ever go back to 1.5? If i drop my phone in water take it to Verizon or call the insurance company will they ever replace it??

6. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

That is true but it voids your warranty if you can't restore it i.e brick the phone/render it useless

7. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

Eh, minor technicalities..

8. metzy75

I am so Losted

9. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

if you break your phone and you have insurance you are good. Thats what insurance does. It covers your phone when it is no longer in warranty (ie over one year old, physical damage) If you've upgraded to the 2.1 leak I don't think you would have any problems getting it replaced in the store for a warranty issue.