Eris Reboot IssuesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Harley

Harley Member This Topic's Starter

I just turned my Eris off and then back on again and now it won't go to the home page. The HTC sign is there and when a call comes in it says Application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I have taken the battery out and it still does not solve this problem. Any advice would be helpful. I do not have that many applications and I did this yesterday and everything worked fine. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

any apps you installed recently? any apps that would effect the lock screen, home screen, widgets, etc?

3. Harley

I did add an android widget to one of the home screens (just the picture frame one) but nothing else has changed from yesterday. I have not added any other apps and the phone has been working great up until this point (I thought I was lucky).

4. Charlie81

Charlie81 Well-Known Member

You may want to do a factory reset. Just back it up first. I've gotten that error and just did a battery pull and waited patiently. Had to do a couple battery pulls. But the HTC sense does get a little funky now and again. Nothing a battery pull hasn't fixed.

5. Caddyman

I would definitely do a few battery pulls before a factory reset. If you can write down what the error messages say and post them here.

I am sure a factory reset would work, but that is a pain in the butt.

6. Harley

Thank you for your advice! I am still doing battery pulls-if by chance I have to do a factory reset, how do I go about doing that? Right now the only thing I can do is answer calls. I can't do anything else. I definitely don't want to do it but right now I am on the 3rd battery pull and nothing has helped so far.

7. Caddyman

BACKUP EVERYTHING FIRST!

contacts should be synced to google acct. you can check HERE

use any of the myriad of backup apps available. i have used mybackup and it was pretty good.

this should backup txt's emails, etc.

apps should be linked to your goog acct so when you login fresh they should be waiting for install

for a reset go to settings>security>factory reset

8. Harley

I can't even get into the screen to go to settings. All I get is the HTC with the black background and that is it. The trackball still lights up but nothing else. When a call comes in I can answer it but then that HTC sense error comes up and then it goes right back to the black HTC screen

9. Caddyman

Perform a hard reset on your HTC Droid Eris. These steps will clear all data and settings off the device.
    1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the Volume Down and Send buttons.
    2. Press the Power button.
    3. Follow the instructions to complete the hard reset.

10. Harley

Is there any way to make sure this doesn't happen again? This very annoying/horrible. I did not back anything up so it's really a pain

11. Caddyman

you cantacts, i would think, are backed up to google. if not i would take it to a service store and have htem deal with it.