Eris Rebooting???General

Last Updated:

1. sheridon13

sheridon13 Member This Topic's Starter

So I have had the Eris almost since it came out. I am updated with the latest OTA OS. In the last couple of days my phone just decides to reboot on its own.

It reboots when the screen is off and I go to use the phone. I hit the key to bring the screen up and it just reboots.

Any Ideas?

I am not rooted or OC'd.

Advertisement
  2. Medic005

Medic005 Well-Known Member

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

4. Natas

Natas Well-Known Member

Happened to my 3rd Eris. My wife was 9 months prego, and I'd pick up my phone after 2 hours and notice it was off. Sometimes it would reboot, sometimes it would just shut off.

I'm on my 4th Eris and this one has been great. Finally.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I'd first do a live battery pull, then the following:

- check to see what is running in the background, menu settings > applications > running services, then stop services from running one at a time to see if a particular one resolves the rebooting issue.. if not

- go into menu > applications > manage applications and sort them by size then clear caches on all that seem bloated (browser, etc), then

- clear data on them.. this is a bit painful because you'll have to reconfigure them, if this does not remedy the problem,

- de-install one app at a time to see if a particular app gone remedies the issue (I suspect the launcher you're using being corrupted, sometimes clearing data in that will stop the reboots).