Eris Replacement ProblemsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ndsustudent

ndsustudent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well last friday I contacted Verizon to complain about no or little signal problems and dropped calls with my original eris. To my surprise after explaining my problems to him, he immediatley offered up a replacement with free overnight shipping (I thought I would have to work harder to get one :). He promised that 1.5 would come pre loaded on the phone which should fix my problems.

However, when my phone arrived the next day....shocker....it had 2.1 installed and it had even more issues such as random power cycling, no sound when calling people, worse coverage. So I call Verizon back who sends me to HTC who says "We know of the issue, try a data reset...good bye." Angry, I head to the Verizon store in town where I spent 1.5 hours with a service rep. He ended up calling the tech support number who told him that they have no idea what software the phones have when they are shipped...they may have 1.5 and they may not which is interesting.

So I have my 3rd phone on the way, I kinda hope that it still has 2.1 on it so I can get an upgrade to a different phone (I'm just hoping for the original moto droid). I am getting sick of the eris issues.

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

You can rest assured it will have 2.1. Verizon does not want to ship out outdated (software-wise) phones. If you get a working 2.1, you will realize 1.5 was pretty crap to be honest.

Sorry to hear you have so many problems. My refurb came and has had no problems so far. In fact, I feel it might be faster than my old one.

3. Dradien

Dradien Member

I was having problems with my Eris (Trackball). I was hesitant to send it back because I had it rooted (2.1 OTA, I was one of the lucky ones), but the trackball problem was getting worse, so I made complete backups and prepared to rooting for the next couple days.

Eris gets here, first thing I check is the bootloader. 1.47. Shazam!

If they send you one, there is a small chance it will be 1.5/1.47 bootloader.