Eris Restarted ItselfGeneral

Last Updated:

1. smileyb

smileyb Active Member This Topic's Starter

Here is the deal:

I was on this very forum typing a reply using Uber Keyboard. I was using dolphin. All of a sudden the options screen for Uber Keyboard (BTW, I don't like it anymore. only got it for the speech to text feature) popped up and kindof self navigated to a deeper menu. I tried using the back button. This cause all of the buttons/keys to light up full brightness and then the screen went black, but the keys stayed lit.
    I tried pressing the end key but nothing happened. Then all of a sudden the the Android and Verizon splash logo's came up (very fast, not anywhere near as long as when you power on the phone). The phone came back to a normal state as it usually does from a power on and everything is fine. Needless to say this even worried me.

Any reason this might have happened?

Advertisement
  2. JaybirdOSU

JaybirdOSU Member

I noticed some similar restarts when I was trying out SlideIT Lite Keyboard. I noticed that my phone was restarting about once each day. After I uninstalled it, I didn't notice this happening anymore. I can't say for sure it was doing anything similar to what yours is doing. I only knew it was restarting because I heard it making startup sounds in my pocket. I wonder if there is some issue with some of the 3rd party keyboards?

3. smileyb

smileyb Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else having these issues. I haven't had any mysterious restarts, just the one I mentioned in the OP.

If it is the Uber Keyboard, any suggestions on what I should use to replace it until the 2.1 OTA is pushed? I'm on 1.5 and have no desire to use the leaks at this point.