Eris Rings FOREVERGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Snerch

Snerch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't think I have seen this issue on here before, but lately when I receive an incoming call, the phone keeps ringing until I answer it. Yesterday, my Eris was on vibrate and out of my sight and it was about a half hour until I realized it was ringing. The phone was smoking hot when I picked it up.

I did a test call and the voice mail picked up after about 5 or 6 rings, but the phone kept ringing, even after I hung up!

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I really don't want to have to do another factory reset, even though that will be Verizon's answer.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The factory data reset is almost surely needed for that issue, Snerch. Sorry to say..

If that does not remedy the ringing problem, it's almost certainly a hardware issue, but the fact that it has cropped up with no history of happening before tells us that something is amiss in the phone's software, thus the attractiveness of a reset solving it.

A live battery pull would be a fortunate, but unlikely remedy; give that a try, you never know. ;)

Snerch likes this.