• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris roaming

Gnok31

Nov 22, 2009
Going to Canada for a few days and I called Verizon to see what their data roaming charges were ($0.002/kb). It didn't sound too bad at first and I don't think that I'm a heavy data user, but if I multiplied that by my usage this month, it would be well over $500 :eek:.

I was thinking of just shutting off mobile network and calling/texting only if necessary. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with roaming on their Eris.

Not on the Eris, but I took a trip to Canada last year with a BlackBerry and all I can say is that I am glad it was a company trip and that they were willing to pay for my expenses. I was able to switch to a plan that included calls in Canada for month, but the data from my Curve came with a nice little $1150 price tag. Verizon was nice enough to cut the bill in half, but my boss was still pissed. Especially since they had to deal with 12 bills like that.

Be glad that you checked beforehand.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones