Eris root guide and ROM table

Last Updated:

1. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Before I rooted, I noticed that ROM info was scattered and buryed in long posts and multiple forums. I've posted a couple step by steps, but I thought it would be easier to put in a Wiki format. I took a couple minutes this morning to put up this how to, but it's a work in progress. If anyone wants to help, let me know.

I also created a spreadsheet for the various ROMs, I thought it would be good to get all the common questions answered in one spot. I could definitely use some help on this though, since I'm not that knowledgeable on the 2.1 and Sense ROMs.

Let me know what you guys think:

https://sites.google.com/site/rootingguide/
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArR6tlIgkSD5dEEycENBX0lVLXV0eHlqa2V1RVpxMlE&hl=en

Advertisement
    knitpurlgurl, The_Chief and thrawn86 like this.
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Very nice T-K!
    Another ROM for the spreadsheet
    FroShedYo. 2.2, CyanogenMod, Elegant-steal, purple, pink themes, 3d gallery, no sense.

As I thought, I wonder if you want a 'Known Issues' field. The problem with this is how to define 'issue'. Some folks will say X is not working, others will say it works fine - to ME that's not an issue. *I* would define an issue as something the Dev says is an issue in the first post of the ROM. But it's up to you if you want to go to this detail.

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

That's a great start.

If you were asking what I think you should add, I'd put in the latest ROM version numbers. In fact, I might create two columns for each ROM, with the latest two versions, so people can see if anything dramatic changed with the latest update. You may also want to add the date that each ROM is released. Perhaps the kernel version would be good as well.

BTW, I believe that the Froyo ROMs that you listed are all Android 2.2.1, actually.

4. Podivin

I'd thought about tracking the versions also, but then that would make this a never ending project. It will always be somewhat fluid, but tracking version numbers and major mods would be a weekly thing.

5. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If anyone would like to modify the spreadsheet, send me a PM with their email and I can add you as an editor. I think you might need a google account, but everyone here should have one. :)

6. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

awesome.

it might be easier to allow public editing, i wouldn't worry so much about vandalism on something like this. that way everyone can add something new whenever they try a new rom.

7. Podivin

Just be sure to keep a backup safe somewhere. That way if the the spreadsheet gets totally hosed or deleted you can easily get it back.

8. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

9. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

as the document owner can't he just undo any recent changes at will?

10. newrooter

newrooter New Member

kaosfroyo 3.8 still has camera bug. force closes.