Eris seems to be cappedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. natbet

natbet Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried doing some speedtests on my eris but have not gotten any speeds over 2mbps down and 1mbps up. This is over a WiFi connection on the DS3 line at work. Does anyone know if this is just a fluke with my phone or is there some bandwidth limitations on the eris?

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I think the max download speed is 7 Mb on the Eris.

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

my tests on 3G

xtremelabs app
    1407 kb down
    209 kb up

speedtest.net app
    1540 down
    493 up

4. smacky

smacky Banned

On speedtest.net app, I once got 2087 and 663, which was the highest using 3G. WiFi, I dunno. I got AT&T's crappy DSL. Even my PCs don't surf fast at all. Time for a change, maybe.

5. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

There has to be a limit because it would be overloading the processor..it just wont be able to read that fast. I can tell that my pages load faster on wifi when Im at home, but the download speed stays pretty close to 3G

6. sabakawasaki

sabakawasaki Active Member

i just got 2454 kb down and 772 kb up on 33g and 5272 down and 909 kb up with the wifi synced. I use comcast basic broadband which bursts up to 13mb/s i believe. not to bad if you ask me. I had my sister use her Iphone running the same speedtest.net app and she only clocked in 1200 kb down and 330 kb up. It must suck to be on such a slow network.

7. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member

I have Verizon FiOS at home and don't see any better speeds really than 3G which get between 1.5mbps and 2mbps on average. My web pages load about the same on Wifi and 3g so I don't bother with Wifi. The 3g on my Eris is awesome so I'm happy with it.