Eris signal issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. alejovh120

alejovh120 Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone having issues with the signal? My eris goes from 2 bars to zero to one and it's constantly searching for signal. It's also killing my battery. I'm in an area with excellent verizon coverage.
    I have updated the roaming and re-program the phone and nothing seems to help. May have to take it back and cancel

Advertisement
  2. shante1012

shante1012 Well-Known Member

take it back andget a new one you dont have to cancel that is a device error.

3. jeffyo

jeffyo Well-Known Member

No issues here. I see no bars sometimes but doesn't stop it from using 3G. It may be misleading in the signal. Take it back and get a different one.

4. alejovh120

alejovh120 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the advice, I'll take it back to the store today. I dread the visit to the store as everyone there sucks, pushy sales people and overal not a good experience.

5. _lowedown

_lowedown Member

The good news is that its not an issue with your hardware. Verizon is aware of this issue and it appears to be software based and will be fixed with an OTA update soon.

6. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

That's good, because I emailed them and they gave me this really really long email response saying basically nothing. My Droid has a much lower signal compared to the two BlackBerry's in the same locations (usually 15-20dBs higher than the others - ex: both BB's are -70dBm while my Droid will be in the low -90s and was often going to 1X instead of 3G the first 2-days)

7. r00t0101

r00t0101 New Member

I would disable the data roaming & wifi

8. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

mine pops in and out of 3G to 1X quite a bit too, i know i have 3G here cause with my storm i always had 1XEV (3G).

must be software, hopefully the OTA will fix'r up