Eris stuck at boot screenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I have a customer with a Droid Eris stuck at the boot screen(3 dancing green droid guys), and it wont go past that. I can boot it into Hboot, ive done a factory reset, didnt work. The customer said they deleted all their contacts from the phone, charged it then the next day it was stuck like this.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Some find success by merely pulling the battery out during that boot screen, then replacing it and rebooting.

I've seen it posted in here that no remedies worked, not even a reset, but the Verizon store was willing to replace the device for them.

Still others do those things (the live battery pull and/or the reset) several times, finally achieving a real boot-up after two, three or four attempts.

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I wonder if they've rooted their phone and are now trying to flash a 2.2 ROM onto an SD card that has been partitioned.

4. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No way @ the rom question.

We tried a bunch of reboots. Its a phone a friend gave her so its not under warranty.

5. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

can you get a logcat? plug the phone and and run adb logcat-of course you need the sdk first though

a logcat will tell us what its trying to do and where it fails.

6. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

If it is a stock HTC ROM, and the user never enabled USB debugging, "adbd" won't be alive on the phone. If it happens to be, then what andrizoid suggests might have some value, although if it is a stock ROM, then the things that can be done from adb are pretty limited - removal of market apps, mainly. Worth a shot, though, especially if there is data on the phone that the owner wants to rescue.

If other avenues don't work, I would try flashing the phone with the Leak-V3 PB00IMG.zip ROM.

eu1

PS If the phone has a 1.46 or 1.47 bootloader on it, the bootloader can be replaced with the Root-ROM and the Toastcfh "battery pull" trick. This would allow for installation of a custom recovery via fastboot, which would also allow you to do a backup and potential recovery of data. (Will require quite a bit of learning/research on your part - I would do this only if data recovery was a top priority and your customer was willing to pay good $$ for it).

7. mhrebin

mhrebin Well-Known Member

i had this issue not long ago, it happened just randomly. I was on leaked v3 and I was able to mount the SD card with a third party reader and load the update.zip file onto the card again and insert it into the phone. Boot up in hboot and it recognized the update.zip file and reflashed the phone and the problem was fixed.