eris stuck in airplane with force closesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Hybrid-

Hybrid- New Member This Topic's Starter

I took a long flight and put my phone in airplane mode. I got off the plane and it bounced out fine sent some texts and a call. The phone died that evening and has been stuck in airplane since the recharge. Will not go out of airplane and continually force closes com.android.phone. I'm in an area with extended network. If it makes a difference I'm on the 2.1 rooted version. Need Help. spending the summer in alaska working at a youth camp and this is kind of a pain with limited computer access and a messed up phone. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Try factory reset, if that doesn't work re flash that's why I always keep an emergency rom on my sd card in case I need to flash again.

3. rhino3hh

rhino3hh Member

just did factory reset on mine it seems to be working better mine was doin stupid crap like that

4. JennyPizzle

JennyPizzle New Member

I had the problem with the sound loss, screen freezing and it force closing apps all the time. I took the phone to verizon and they did a hard reset on mine, now it seems to some how be stuck in airplane mode almost, I called verizon and they are stumped. Facebook works and so does AIM, but i can't make phone calls i get the same "we're sorry we are currently unable to authenticate your phone" We tried calling the number and having verizon reprogram it twice, and spent 25 mins on the phone with a level one tech support who offered no help and knew nothing about these phones, any ideas for mine?

5. steve500

steve500 Well-Known Member

Free up internal space. Thats it.

This phone has VERY minimal internal storage. Go to settings, applications, arrange by size, go to all of them and clear cache, not data.

Uninstall hefty unused apps.

Restart it.

Fixed.