Eris Stuck On Boot ScreenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. smashuri

smashuri New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

My boyfriend just bought a Droid Eris (literally got it maybe a month or so ago) and now, all of the sudden, it's replaying the boot screen over and over again. It goes from the "skateboarder droid" to the Verizon startup then to the HTC logo and keeps replaying that sequence.

I've tried holding the volume down and power buttons at the same time and then went to "recovery" but once it gets to the Triangle-Exclamation-Point icon, I don't know what to do. I've looked at other forums and found no help.

I've also tried to mount it to my Mac via USB and had no luck at all.
    I'm kind of a n00b so easy on the instructions, please! Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ashley

Advertisement
  2. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

4. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

Do NOT flash the leak, only the OTA. You will miss out on many opportunities if you flash the leaks. The OTA is out so flash it with that.

5. jreed2560

OP did not say if they were on the leak or not, but if they ARE, then they would have no choice but to flash the leak.

6. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

Could always call VZW and tell them you are stuck in a reboot loop, that's what I did. They didn't ask any questions and found a replacement at a local store.

7. jreed2560

thats definitely an option, albeit one of last resort for me. If it can be recovered without him being without a phone for a day, thats the option I would go with.