Eris TetheringGeneral

1. Droidcula

Droidcula Well-Known Member

My point was there probably is not a problem if you keep it UNDER 5GB a month. What the paid salesmen for PDANet are saying is that you can use 5TB a month and they won't do anything about it. I want them to prove they consistently use more than 5GB a month tethering when they are not suppose to.
  2. Droidcula

Let's put this to bed. They charged me for going over 5GB a month. They said I was tethering and that is not allowed. I can say that because I don't have to prove it right? So I guess we can call this a draw. Especially since NO ONE can backup their claims.
  3. TheExoticFish

TheExoticFish Well-Known Member

No need.
  4. Droidcula

Gotta go...Angelina Jolie is over feeding me grapes. It's true I tell ya! Plus, I don't have to prove it to anyone other than myself.
  5. Droidcula

6. TheExoticFish

Doesn't matter to me one bit whether you believe it or not. Just stating a fact.
  7. Fulltime Traveler

Fulltime Traveler Well-Known Member

If you think that the phone acts as a router and you think that your computer's MAC address and IP address get sent out on the Internet, you don't know how routers work.
  8. There is nothing to prove. You are the only one that does not understand that the phone is a MODEM. I would recommend getting an education in networking and computers before posting again. This is very BASIC computer and networking we are talking about here and you simply cant understand it. The only way to prove it to yourself is for you to get an education in this topic. Nobody here is going to teach you.

Im still laughing about how you think your computer is sending your local NIC MAC address info when you are tethered. I would recommend that you get at LEAST a rudimentary understanding in networking before posting again.
  9. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

So as long as you dont go over 166mb a day your good.
  10. Droidcula

LOL!!! It's plainly obvious that you can't back up what you say. In my neck of the woods we call that a liar.Prove what you say or shut the heck up. My money is on the FACT that you can't prove that you tether BEYOND the 5GB limit on a consistent basis. What I believe is that you're somehow connected to PDANet. What do you care right? You already got PAID in full correct?Make your mark son! Prove to the world that you thumb your nose at Verizon's 5GB a month limit.I don't think you can nor do I think you're someone who tells the TRUTH.
  11. Droidcula

Prove you thumb your nose at Verizons 5GB a month limit. Maybe you're just CHICKEN or maybe you're just lying.The ball is in your court. The world is watching. PROVE YOU GO OVER 5GB A MONTH TETHERING.
  12. Droidcula

LOL!!! Me and Jennifer Anniston were tethering today. She's so hot. She dumped her last boyfriend for me. Glad I don't have to prove that.
  13. mpciii

mpciii Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was getting ridiculous before but you've definitely gone off the rails. I think I'll go with the adult here and not the guy calling him chicken. Maybe you should dare him then he'll have to show you his bill.
  14. TheExoticFish

No you don't because we all know you're crazy. LoL
  15. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

Some said someone was getting 18mbps at that rate you would eat up 64.800mb not 82mb in a hour.
  16. Droidcula

LOL!!! It's apparent I win. Which I usually do on a consistent basis 24/7/365/infinity/plus one. The tetherors had their opportunity to prove their claims. Guess what, they didn't! Why is that I wonder? Because it's not TRUE. It's all lies. Which makes me wonder what their motive is. Verizon WARNS people when they go over 5GB. After the warning people ususally don't go over or they will get CHARGED.The Tetherros don't care if you lose your service folks. All they care about is you buying their POS application for 30 bucks.
  17. TheExoticFish

If I remember correctly Rev A has a maximum burst speed of about 3.1MBps.
  18. Droidcula

I win...not one of the tetherors can prove what they say.Why is that?
  19. Droidcula

Prove you thumb your nose at Verizon.
  20. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member

Broscience man broscience. How would they tell? The only thing they can tell is differences in your use, for example if you start watching HD youtube videos, whilst torrenting a video simataniously downloading a 100MB file well that looks a little fishy but its not grounds to prove tethering. The IP address stays the same as does the MAC address so theres no way they can tell other than suspicious changes like I gave an example above.

They don't have control over it so I don't give a flying shit if I hurt there feelings. We pay like 3x as much as Europeans for a slower network we damn well better be able to use our devices for any type of internet application we please.
  21. Droidcula

And I especially love how they cite Verizon workers which never includes a name, store number, phone number, gender, religion, or anything that can be used to verify their lies.
  22. Droidcula

Prove they don't have control. Post your monthly data usage why don't ya? PS...their network doesn't belong to YOU nor does it belong to the Europeans. It belongs to them....them being Verizon. You are leasing their network. That's why you pay a monthly BILL. They can CRUSH you at will if they want to.
  23. Droidcula

LOL!!! You cheap people want to tether because you can't afford a second internet source. Yet, you're going to take on Verizon for charging you extra or terminating your service once they decide to CRUSH you?Simply put, I can refuse service to anyone not wearing shoes in my establishiment. Just like Verizon can refuse service for anyone abusing their establishment.Don't listen to these paid PDANet folks people. They don't care if you lose service or not. They already got paid.
  24. TheExoticFish

No more troll food for you
  25. mpciii

mpciii Well-Known Member

I'm torn now. Do I listen to the pdanet people who obviously just want me to buy their pos app, which has a free version, or do I listen to the Verizon sales guy who is obviously trying to protect his stock options?
    Quite a dilemma. I think I'll go with the pdanet guy, he did a better job proving his case.