eris to droid

Last Updated:

1. bnelson0392

bnelson0392 Member This Topic's Starter

can i get my eris to run as a droid through rooting

Advertisement
  2. funkyfender

funkyfender Well-Known Member

Yes! Rooting will create a physical keyboard, increase your screen size by half an inch, and increase the resolution of your screen. /s

What exactly are you asking?

3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Yes. After rooting, do a search on these forums for an app calles Transformerphone.
    Once you have a rooted transfrmer phone, you can change it into a Droid, iPhone.. or a toaster if you preffer

Spencer_Moore likes this.
  4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

lol! these guys are just messin' with you (we do have a little fun here on AF, after all) :p

Sounds like you really want to have a Motorola Droid "look and feel"...I'm pretty sure that there might be skins, themes, or backgrounds or such to do so, but most of what I've seen was to make things (launcher, etc.) look like the Nexus One. Some of which might require root, some might not.

You'll just have to do some searches in these forums and possible over at xda-developers.com. Also, try a Google search with "androidforums.com" at the beginning of the search string with stuff like "droid theme", etc.

Good luck.

5. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

I would look at cyanogen or White widow. They both run plain android which is what the droid runs.

scary alien likes this.
  6. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

lol... you're way too nice for a scray looking alien....

Bnelson0392... welcome to the forums.

Just having a little fun, as Scary Alien said, since your post wasn't very clear.
    We are all happy to help, but you really need to be more detailed as to what you are looking for.

If what you meant is to run as fast/smooth as a Moto Droid, the eris isn't quite that fast.
    Howevre rooting will help improve the eris' speed by allowing you to OC and a few other things you will discover once you are rooted.

Good luck

7. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Okay, now whose avatar is scarier, yours or mine? :D

[I'm thinking about shopping-around for something really evil-looking instead of my happy-go-lucky little alien dude :eek:]

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Reading over in the Droid forums, I've noticed that many there have been able to get their Droids to run like Erises.

Most start by ignoring the silly Mattel-like slide-out keyboard.

9. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

lol, Most over there are not fans of anything like sense ore moroblur but the keyboard is spot on. I only use the keyboard when using terminal emulator.