Eris to IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. reinert012

reinert012 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys

I am currently on my second Eris and I am having problems with my trackball not responding and something screwy with my camera not saving my pictures.

Right now I would rather pay to downgrade to another phone like a BB or even pay full retail value for a completely different Droid because I am afraid if they send me another Eris it is just going to break again.

If I call VZW and talk to them, will they send me another Eris that will most likely to break or will they send me a D1 or an Incredible?

I love my Eris but i just can't use it anymore and i feel like i will keep having problems if they keep sending me refurbs.

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

I cannot imagine they would send you an Incredible, Droid X or Droid 2 for that matter. HOWEVER, stranger things have happened. I think if you are tactful but firm and you explain your situation clearly, they MAY offer you a discount on and upgrade, but outright giving you one is not likely at all.

Also, how long have you had the Eris? I believe they have the discretion to reset your NE2 date although that may only be at corporate stores.

3. reinert012

I got my first Eris in March, had it till June till got silent bug, now im on my 2nd.

4. Ellie914

Ellie914 Active Member

I just got offered a droid 2 yesterday from verizon since I was having issues with my 3rd eris...so it is possible. :)

5. reinert012

thats great! what did you tell them on the phone?

and is it costing you anything and what was wrong with your 3rd Eris?

6. Ellie914

Ellie914 Active Member

I spent an hour on the phone with them trying to fix the issues ( I wasn't receiving notifications), when we did a reset and it was still presenting the same problems I asked politely about the possibility of getting a different phone. I told her that I really liked the Eris but feel like since it was the 3rd one already that I was frustrated with having issues. So that's what they offered me. It didn't cost me anything. The other option they gave me was to use someone else's upgrade on our family plan. I declined...b/c it belongs to another family member.
    Anyway I was just firm, nice and polite. Oh and I also would have been fine if they would have actually fixed my Eris.