Eris to IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. reinert012

reinert012 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not that I am going to do this, I love my Eris seeing as its the "underdog" droid phone, but is there any possible way of BSing verizon or anything to be able to trade it in for the Incredible even if you are past your 30 day return limit?

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I can't even imagine the excuse you would need to give a VZW rep to get that to happen. I honestly think you would have more luck getting them to give you an iPhone.

Just my opinion though. Someone else may have other ideas. ;)

3. gpa111

gpa111 Well-Known Member

They would not do it for me even 1 day after.

4. Tooleman694

Tooleman694 Well-Known Member

Back when I was a Windows Mobile user, my phone had an accident and got smashed pretty bad..

I brought it into the store and it was a complete loss, they gave me an early upgrade on my phone..

5. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

not that its the most economical solution but if your plan allows for it, add a line for $9.99 a month, get the Incredible at the promo price and have them switch the numbers...

6. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

Verizon will never do stuff like this. You can beg and plead all you want and they don't care.

7. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

I would assume no; they want to be able to ring each and every penny out of us.

8. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

Actually, I've found them to be very flexible when I've had phone issues and wanted to upgrade. It may be that I have 5 lines, with three data packages and they want to keep me happy to keep the monthly $$$ flowing in. If you go in, and are reasonable with them I have found them to bend over backwards to keep me happy.

9. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

If you're Just over the limit i would plead with them (be VERY nice)...
    they can do it... they just have to want to do it.

I did this a while back, but the phone had been shipped to me. I told them that by the time i opened it and figured out how to activate it and work it, i had only been using it 3 weeks... and decided i didn't like it.
    They gave in.
    This was a few years ago though...

10. truelove79

Ahh, but that's the catch isn't it. If you're having issues, they may work with you. But most likely they'd just give you a new Eris. As for just walking in there and wanting a new phone when you're not due for one, good luck. I've tried several times. But you may get lucky.

11. Syv3n

Syv3n Well-Known Member

You guys can say no all you want but they did it for me. I got my Eris back in November wasn't due for an upgrade I went to 2 Eris's because they were just acting horrible...The manager gave me an early upgrade and I paid 216$ for my Incredible..They will work with you and any account is able to get a manager approved early renewal.

12. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

By phone issues I meant a huge array of things ;) I'm ROUGH on phones. But you point is well taken. Though one time my issue was I simply hated the phone....and this was before their 30 day policy....and they fiddled my account and bumped my NE2 up by about 14 months and I walked out with a new phone.

13. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

Why don't you wait till your contract runs up. Then you can laugh at all the Incredible owners because by then, Verizon will have a better Android forum.

If you can't commit to a 2 year contract, you have a lot more to worry about than a better phone.

14. Tooleman694

Tooleman694 Well-Known Member

2 year contract is a little long, for me after one year my phone is in serous need of some sort of fix or an upgrade..

Before I got my Eris I was running the HTC Touch with MS mobile and I tore that thing up.. several months ago to tide me over till my upgrade I hacked it to run Android..

15. ral2108

ral2108 Active Member

2 years is way too long. At the rate technology changes and gets better, so many new awesome phones will come out. And what gets me is they probably manufacture these phones for $50 a piece over in china or somethin and sell em for 500, wtf

16. OfTheDamned

I remember an article not too long after the Moto Droid came out that said the actual cost, in parts, to build it was $179 or something like that. Verizon is after the contract anyway, not the money for the phone. Getting someone to sign for two years brings them more money.

You can get a new phone every year though, it you are the main phone on the account.

17. CalifJewls

CalifJewls Active Member

I agree that 2 years is a long time to wait, heck even 1 year is a long time to wait for the newer technology! That being said I find it hard to believe Verizon will give you the Incredible, but the worst thing they can say is no, so try and of course let us know what they say...
    Julie

18. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Yes, but if you wait for the NE2 then you get a much better deal. I got my Eris on the NE2, for free and got another one for my son at N/C. I did have to pay the $30/ month, however. Well actually, it's $60 / month because my daughter now has my Eris:eek:. Really had fun yesterday, factory wipe, installing all her apps, showing her all the great things I learned here.

19. truelove79

Then maybe I just deal with jerks at Verizon, because I've tried all manner of arguments with them, and they won't budge. I've said I would sign up for a new 2 year contract, I've even tried telling them I would sign up for a higher priced plan. But nothing worked.

20. OfTheDamned

You could always add a line to your account to get an upgrade. $10 more a month is less than the usual $20 price jump per plan. Then you have 2 upgrades to work with. :D

21. Jeep297

Jeep297 Well-Known Member

Depends on a few variables such as how long have you been a customer, how many lines do you have, how large of a plan you have, and how good you are at talking your way into things. My dad has been a loyal Verizon customer for close to 15 years and they are very flexible with him. In the last year they've let him change his phone out 3 times before he was supposed to be allowed to. I've been a customer for a little more than 10 years but haven't tried yet. I only buy phones on 1 year plans now so that I can get a new one every year. Technology is moving too fast for me to be stuck with the same phone for 2 years...