Eris to iPhone: MMS Fix?General

Last Updated:

1. KyleBlowers

KyleBlowers Active Member This Topic's Starter

With all the updates rolling out nice a steady and the continual promise of the OFFICIAL ota update, I was hoping that my Eris would at least have wiggled its way into performing this functio through 3 leak updates by now. But from what the discussion was in this thread, it's apparently a network incompatibility issue...

Are there still people out there having issues with sending MMS to iPhones on ATT, and do any of you think this issue may be resolved or at least bettered by this summer when the iPhone arrives at Verizon?

Is this a problem for everyone or just a select few people? Fixes, hacks workarounds, or should I just call Verizon and whine to them until they cave?

:confused:

Advertisement
  2. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

I still cannot send pictures to my girlfriends phone. It has to be via her email because my Eris won't send to her iPhone. I'm thinking it's because my Eris is mad she has the enemy ;D

(woo post 100! :eek:)

3. smacky

smacky Banned

Be careful about the iPhone prediction. While it seems plausible, don't count on it entirely. Go off of what you know at the time of making a new purchase.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I just emailed them to iPhone people then used text bomber to make sure they received it ;)

5. KyleBlowers

@smacky - not looking to buy an iphone, I totally heart the crap out of my Eris, just trying to resolve the infuriating issue of not being able to send mms to my friends on iphones at att.

6. IFLATLINEI

IFLATLINEI Member

Friends dont let friends use iPhones's.

7. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Yes if these people have iPhones you may want to consider new friends ;)

8. smacky

smacky Banned

The issue, most likely, lies with the crappy GayT&T coverage they have and network issues they have.

This only happens to iPhone users and not other phone users on the carrier?

9. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

That is my experience. Att bb and dumb phones no problem only i phones

10. Merlin615

Merlin615 Member

Agree with gruss, I had the Incite before going to Verizon on my gf's acct, that had wm and they had issues too, it's a uniquely iphone problem.

11. mburdick

mburdick Well-Known Member

Same here, I can't send MMS to my girlfriends Iphone, only works through email. She can MMS me though.

12. KyleBlowers

So for whatever reason, the iPhone just doesn't accept mms from specific phone regardless of its network??

I had some down time yesterday and sent about 5 mms to my friend's iphone in DC and he actually got one of them, but only one. I'm not sure if the file was smaller or what -- I'll do some investigating today -- but it seems everyone here is in consensus that the iphone is the problem.

Why only certain phones though??

The iPhone's ubiquity and flashiness make everyone act like their phone is the Second Coming. So when a situation like this arises where seemingly specific phones' mms aren't received AT ALL, the iphone users automatically say "Must be YOUR phone" and (at least my friends) all but refuse to let anyone experiment to find a solution.

So emailing is the workaround? Do att users have a similar system like verizon's 'NAME@vtext.com' situation?

13. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

Yeah, but by email we mean their actual email and not the AT&T email system.